We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing List for a Week in the Sun

West Fargo, North...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Packing List for a Week in the Sun

anyone have a packing list they would be willing to cut and paste for us?

swim suit

large mug

sun glasses

sun screen

tia

6 days

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

What's a Tia? Are you bringing your aunt with you? LOL

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
475 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

i bring a small folding soft sided cooler. great for beers and mixers around the pool. also some powdered lemonade great with vodka in the sun and hard to find in MX. other than that you've got the basics. oh yea, dont for get the passports.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

A small backpack for when you go to other beaches, or the market, or hike up to the lighthouse. Jackets or sweaters for evening. The soft shell cooler was a GREAT recommendation, every year we want one and have to go looking for one. Maybe a small treat for your favorite hotel staff. We are bringing Seattle Mariners Hats for some guys we see every year at the Marina El Cid, don't know what we are bringing for the ladies yet. Creates nuevos amigos.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

A wine opener, an extension cord and one of those multiple plugs...bathrooms never have enough plug ins! Baggies either for storage after you have opened a snack (keeps out the little ants)...and for packing wet things.

Music and books!

Sweatshirt and socks, too...saved me from the cold!!

Toys for the little kids you meet and gifts for the staff...YES!! The staff loved the toys, too..as they have kids!

I also brought lots of things to donate to the animal thrift store...

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

floppy hat

usa
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

Hi harleyhasben,

So far I like the idea of the folding cooler, the plug in, and any special powered drinks you want. My wife starts early on gifts for the ladies, last time I thought I had found the perfect gift for the guys, buffalo jerky, they confiscated eight pounds at the airport that day, (bad idea). We check stores (dollar stores) to see if they have bilingual coloring books for the kids. I use them to practice my Spanish, I find it easer to practice my Spanish with the kids, they talk slower. I wear, carry a black flannel shirt, it looks nicer than a sweatshirt if I need to wear it to a restaurant on a cool night. Make laminated copies of your driver’s license and information page of your passport. Most of all, pack your common sense and have lots of fun. Mr. 2Day

Canada
Level Contributor
596 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

I also take toys for the kids they are really happy when you do. One thing i take that is cheap is bubbles. The little guys love it and you would think I gave them a pot of gold sometimes. I buy little packs of bubbles at walmart in the birthday favors section. Just an idea ... the cooler is always good I have a cooler that doubles as a backpack and it is ideal for fishing trips, hiking up el faro or taking on the catamaran. Sometimes I take tshirts i acquire for wait and hotel staff. Anyhow take your laid back attitude and sense of humor and you will be just fine!!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
475 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

oh yea i forgot one item. imodium ad...just incase. nothing worse than needing it and not having it. call it what you want montezumas revenge or gringo wednesday no one wants it.

see you there.

West Fargo, North...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

thank you one and all for the great ideas.

i am going shopping today and again monday, i live out in the boonies, 50 miles from even a stop light. If anything else is added i will put it on mondays list.

i do appreciate all suggestions and the bubbles, awesome idea. We in the past bought the little cheese and craker packs for the kids and will be fun to add the bubbles.

will watch this thread if anyone has anything else to add.

Thanks In Advance (tia) lol

ne
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing List for a Week in the Sun

Check your messages, i actually copied over a list I have made to give you some ideas!