We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mazatlan

we are going to be in Mazatlan late May. Is there any advise on do's & don'ts? Also could someone recomend a resturant for a romantic dinner. we will be celebrating our 3rd anniversery.

califonia
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mazatlan

I recommend you DO read the board :). i recommend you DON'T ask questions that have asked hundreds of times before. Just poke around and you will find all that answers you're seeking :). Have fun in MZT :)

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mazatlan

We really like Topolo in el Centro (even though it's a journey away from where we live), but there are a few others around, also with romantic atmosphere. Where will you be staying?

P.S. to webeclubbin: The forum is slow right now so most of us are quite okay with answering repeat questions. Sometimes the search function isn't that easy.

Edited: 30 March 2011, 22:42
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mazatlan

We are renting a condo on the north end of town close to the marina. I've been to Mazatlan several times. This is the first time with my wife.

Thanks for your help.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mazatlan

I agree on Topolo. We went there for our first anniversary and it was wonderful.

There is another very nice one called Sr. Peppers which would be nice for a romantic dinner.

Another suggestion is the La Marina restaurant at the El Cid. They have a live singer most evenings and he sings very romantic songs.

It doesn't really have a romantic ambiance though. It's way too brightly lit for evenings in my opinion.

Another nice one is Villa Italia. Good ambiance and good food with excellent service.

I hope you have a wonderful time wherever you decide to go.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mazatlan

I agree that Villa Italia is a wonderful choice. We ate there twice during our stay this month. The food and service is first class. You may want to also check out Cilantros (oceanfront) or Angelo's at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan resort.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mazatlan

And Casa Loma is another long time favorite of many people, for a romantic evening.

Edited: 30 March 2011, 23:30
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mazatlan

Topols as previously mentioned is my first choice...2nd would be Casa Loma which is about a block away from Dairy Queen. And both Italian places are good villa Italia and Angelos. Maybe try them all!! :-)

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mazatlan

After 6 trips to Mazatlan last year we discovered Plaza Machado. This is truly a romantic place. The whole plaza is alive and there are many restaurants tp chose from. Reading the TA posts it looks like they are all good. Don"t be like me do some exploring. Mazatlan has a lot to see and do

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
364 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mazatlan

A must do is Plaza Machado on a Friday night when it is most vibrant. It is very romantic. Topolo's (highly recommended for a romantic dinner) is one block away from the plaza and there are restaurants right on the plaza such as Pedro y Lola's.

A don't do is but a timeshare or attend a timeshare presentation.

usa
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mazatlan

Hi rjcox,

First have a drink on top of the Freeman hotel at sunset time, then take a cab to the restaurant of your chose for dinner, can’t miss. I really like Plaza Machado on a Friday or Saturday night, after sunset.

I agree, don’t do a timeshare, not on an anniversary trip.

Mr. 2Day