We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

logistics--beach in Golden Zone

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
logistics--beach in Golden Zone

We are staying in Centro near the market and want to use the GZ beach to swim. We have to take a bus and pretty much make a day of it. We carry backpacks with our money, towel, change of clothes etc. Yesterday I stayed out of the water with our stuff and my daughter swam, but we would both like to to go in together. Any suggestions re how to manager our stuff? Are there lockers anywhere near the beach? If you have suggestions of closer beaches that are nice for swimming I'd love to hear them too.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

While I rarely swim in the ocean, when I do it is on a whim so I'm not usually prepared. I find one of the catamaran guys waiting on the beach for a customer and ask him if he will watch my stuff for me while I take a swim--and I swim in the ocean right in front of him so that if he has a customer he can let me know. I then give him a tip for his troubles. Its worked for me.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

There are no lockers on the beach I've ever seen deepfreeze. Mazexp's idea is a very good one, but the one issue is catamaran guys can and do get distracted by customers. I know of a Canadian lady from Edmonton who lost her shoes leaving then by the catamarans that way.

Just to be extra safe I would suggest you always at least carry the money in your bathing suit if possible. You can buy trunks that have velcro or zipper pockets that are reliable. They also sell a very small plastic folder that you can fold money into. It has a reinforced hole that can coordinated with the tie string on your bathing suit. Both of these work fine, even in bigger waves.

You might also swim near the El Cid Castilla where they have the Aqua Sports business and building right on the beach. That way you might be able to put your things up there off the sand itself, where it's much more noticable and easier to get into.

Have a great time.

Edited: 29 April 2011, 16:50
Regina,SK
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

I know the Hotel Playa Mazatlan rents lockers for I believe $5 for the day. They are located in the breezeway by the lobby.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

texaslonghorn is correct. South breezeway by the lobby. $5 for piece of mind is worth it to me.

califonia
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

Yes again.. Hotel Playa Mazatlan... has lockers...

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

Diego's Beachhouse is a beachclub in one of the nicest beaches in Mazatlan because it's protected from strong currents. Its next to oceano palace hotel before luna palace and pueblo bonito. They also have food and drink service and you can leave your stuff in your table or ask the manager Miguel to store them for you. I've done it many times even when they aren't even open yet...

The place is very pretty and food is excellent.. Good prices too...

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

Fantastic, you guys!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much. This could make a huge difference to our time here.

Regina,SK
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

enjoy the rest of your vacation

Canada
Level Contributor
596 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

Both Diegos and the Playa Mazatlan are good suggestions. Enjoy mazatlan!!!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: logistics--beach in Golden Zone

Thanks! Now if anybody has any suggestions to beat the heat while living in Centro, I`d love to hear them . . .I found myself enjoying the blasting air conditioning at the Waldo`s store yesterday. Just have to keep reminding myself they were forecasting snow in Winnipeg this weekend . . .