We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

This will be our 4th time there, 2nd @ PBEB, but this time we'll have our 15 mo. old son (and 5 other relatives). Does anyone have some advice on things that we should bring for our son (either things that are hard to find in Maz or things that are often overlooked) or advice on any foods/fruit to avoid feeding him. Also, we'll be there for our 7-yr anniversary...is Topolo's open? I know Te Amo Lucys is closed as well as Olas Altas Steakhouse, any other recommendations (is Seafarer any good?) Is it getting humid yet (DC is brutal right now)?

Mazatlan
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

Topolo is open except Sunday & Monday. It is hands down one of the best restaurants in Mazatlan and the owners continue to make improvements to the ambiance and service.

The paper reported that temps yesterday were 35C, but felt like 47C - due to the humidity. Yes, its hot and humid, but still rather pleasant along the beach and at night.

We have babies here too :) You can easily find everything you need for your toddler at any of the big box stores like Wal-Mart or Mega.

Have a great trip!

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
804 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

Seafarer is very good - both the food and the service, and, I believe, owned by the same folks that own Pedro & Lola's. Not quite as romantic as Topolo's but still quite nice. Also a darn site closer to PBEB.. Have a great time in Mazatlan!!

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

Topolo is definitely worth the trip for a special celebration (or any time). Make a reservation ahead, to make sure everything goes as planned, and they have your table ready (Especially if you are planning a Friday or Saturday night.) If you go on a weekend night, you could stroll around the Plaza Machado after dinner. Have a wonderful vacation.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

mexxican, it will be hot in Maz but not like DC!! It's been really rough on the east coast for sure. Definitely take your family to the aquarium if you haven't done so already. It's a really nice way to spend a few hours and very educational. Enjoy!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

sounds like a fabulous way to spend time with family/friends and celebrate an anniversary of any sort!! I think Maz would have pretty much anything you need baby/child wise......I would be tempted to bring your favortie baby sunscreen (I know I have my favorites). Swim diapers are available I would think.....and regular ones, so that should be good. Fruits etc are fine....just wash well like you would at home. I would be tempted to stick to bottled water for your son......and plenty of it!! It will be hot! My daughters are older, but one overheats easily, so be careful. Have fun!! :-)

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

Bring some rafts for the pool. They have an air pump at the activities desk near the pool. Floating with a drink in your hand is the only way to go.

7. Re: Leaving in 10 days... Some last minute ? s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan