We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for best resort with pools for kids

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for best resort with pools for kids

We were at the Grand Mayan resort in Nuevo Vallarta last December and we loved the massive wave pools, slide, lazy river and regular pools for the kids. We are looking at Mazatlan this December and was wondering which resorts have the best pools to entertain the kids? We were wondering about resorts with lazy rivers, wave pools and/or waterslides. All help is much appreciated, thanks!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

I've been going to the El Cid for years and the Moro pool seems to be a big hit with the youngsters. No rivers or wave pools but they do have a slide. Here are a couple of pics. Always a lifeguard at the ready to.

tripadvisor.com/…18700883

tripadvisor.com/…22390349

Edited: 14 June 2011, 01:37
Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

I agree the best kids pool is at the El Cid Castilla or El Moro.

For another experience which is just a fairly quick bus ride away, try Mazagua.

www.mazagua.com

Edited: 14 June 2011, 06:07
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

Yeah Bob,

I drove by the Mazagua a couple of times and the crowds were huge! I'd like to have a piece of that concession. My driver told me it's a pricey ticket but that his children love it and they go as often as they can.

Edited: 14 June 2011, 14:25
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

Not much to go on here, no wave pools, lazy rivers, or big slides like they have at the Grand Mayan.

We went to Aquamaz once a few years ago & didn't get in the water, it looked pretty run down & dirty at that time & we haven't been back since so have no idea what it is like now.

Best pool? They are all pretty much the same in Maz. so then it boils down to what you want in a resort; tiny postage stamp sized grounds with a 20 story high rise in the middle of it or open spaces & nice garden areas.

If you prefer the first then there are several to choose from; a couple of the El Cid complexes fit the bill as does the Royal Villas, & The Inn at Mazatlan.

Nice grounds would be either of the Pueblo Bonitos, Torres Mazatlan, or El Cid Marina.

Hope this helps.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

Depending on the age of your kids, many like El Cids smallish waterslide but diving rocks in one of their pools. There is also a cave etc., to entertain kids.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

The Pueblo Bonito maz had a small water slide that is fun for very young kids. There is a small shallow area also blocked off by some lava rocks.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

"We went to Aquamaz once a few years ago & didn't get in the water, it looked pretty run down & dirty at that time & we haven't been back since so have no idea what it is like now."

All the Mazatlecos rave about it and the crowds I saw tells me it's a hit in every respect. The only thing the locals don't seem to like is the price.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

El Cid Marina Beach has a nice setup, diving rocks for kids to jump into the pools, and they can swim through the waterfalls to get into a network of caves that join the 2 pools. Non stop fun for kids and the kids-at-heart.

9. Re: Looking for best resort with pools for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 05:16