We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The joy of flying nowdays

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
The joy of flying nowdays

Gee, it was sure nice to spend some time in the US where everything runs like a finely tuned clock. NOT ! I showed up at the Fresno airport for my return flight on U.S. Airways, confirmation slip in hand. (I had to get up at 4 a.m. for the 6:30 flight to Phoenix. I don’t DO 4 a.m. !) Got up to the counter and they said “Why are you here? You don’t fly until Sunday.” I said “WRONG !k at my itinerary here. Flight from Fresno to Phoenix at 6:30 a.m. on Friday, July 15th.” They said no, that was changed to Sunday the 17th. I asked (And yea, my voice could be heard a block away) who the hell had changed it? “Well, you must have done that.” I said like hell. Why would I want to spend 2 extra days in beautiful Fresno? They informed me SOMEONE must have told them to do it. I asked, “Who?”. (By this time they could hear me on incoming flights!) “Well, someone MUST have told us to do it. It will cost you $150 US to change it now.” I asked for a supervisor. (They could hear me in San Francisco by now.) By the time he showed up I was going through voice mail hell with reservations. From one department to another. “You have to do this through International Reservations because of the Mazatlan flight.” O.K. Transfer me…..QUICK! They have open seats but the flight leaves (Now) in 10 minuets. The supervisor in Fresno does not have the authority to make the change. The supervisor in reservations does not have the authority to make the change. The supervisor in international reservations does not have the authority to make the change. Who does? I asked. I dunno they said. By this time, if you were listening, you could have heard me here! I was…….upset. Sherrie had dropped me off and was already back home by the time I called her and said come and get me. She asked me if that was me she heard yelling while she was driving home on the freeway. (O.K., not really, but I WAS just one step from ballistic!) To their credit, they did not call TSA or security. But I spent 2 extra days fuming and just got home an hour ago.

Just because you have a confirmed reservation, take NOTHING for granted.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

This may belong in the air travel forum but certainly not here.

2. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 September 2011, 18:22
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

US AIR certainly does suck

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

Geesh! I thought I heard something over here in Atlanta. Anyway Roger, I hope you have a great Mazatlan visit!

Edited: 18 July 2011, 01:39
Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

I think someone needs to re-read post #5 on this thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150792-i257-k4644…

They seem to think this is THEIR forum and they can determine content.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

LOL....Right you are rchpjf . It's not like anyone who comes to Mazatlan fly's on an airline. Oh, wait a second...............there were some other people on that plane with me. But of course, they won't be returining by air. Right?

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

Roger, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience but I am very curious as to how that reservation was changed. How often does somebody have their reservation changed without their knowledge. I've never heard of it until now. If you happen to unravel this mystery I would be very interested to know what happened. Although some people think this is their personal forum and try to have their opinions thrust on us all I certainly believe that this is travel related and if we can avoid a similar experience by learning from your experience it will be very beneficial.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

Roger,

Sorry to hear of your problems I may have heard the yelling here in Wa. I thought it was a thunderstorm.

We have had at least a dozen reservations changed by Alaska Airlines ( always same day but often different times) through the years. We always get notified & it is usually a month or so out so we have no problem changing our plans, but never had anything like this happen to us.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

Sometimes its hard for people to hear the message when someone is screaming at them. ;=)

Fruitvale, CO
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The joy of flying nowdays

Did you book directly with USAIR or with an internet site like Orbitz. I have had flights changed but am always advised at least a month ahead of time. I book direct but have heard of problems with internet sites not informing people.

I have also found if I have a problem talking calmly and quietly gets better results. except with timeshare people.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 17:47