We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el cid marina vs el cid beach...

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
el cid marina vs el cid beach...

ok i think i have my decision narrowed down better now, it's one of the 2 el cid's i listed or PB emerald bay... if we are going with a cheaper option then PB, then which one would you choose between the 2 el cid's??? and why? thanks for any imput into helping me make my final decision :) hopefully i can book it soon then,lol..

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

El Cid Marina & El Cid Beach may be the same property, if not El Cid Marina is bigger with spacious well kept grounds & 2-3 pools to choose from.

The grounds at El Cid Morro or El Cid Castillo are both small, not much bigger than a good sized postage stamp the pool / pools at both are on the small side also.

Prices being comparable there would be real reason to settle for either of the latter when yopu can stay at the "Marina" & use either of the two others if you so desire.

A free shuttle runs all day every day from 7 a.m. to about 11 p.m. between the 3-4 El Cids.

P.B Emerald Bay is the premier resort in Maz. IMHO & would be worth the extra $$ if you can swing it.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

awesome, thanks! The marina is only about 135 more then the beach but the PB is 896.91 more then beach and 765.59 more then marina.... all being AI... that's why i started to look at other options just in case as 800 bucks is ALOT of money.... but if it's worth every penny, then that's a different story!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

I sent you a PM, lin7604. J

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

got it :)

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

If you are doing all inclusive at the ElCid's...unless you do the ELITE, you are not going to even get a glass of water at the other properties!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

Actually, unless they have changed things recently, that is not true. Not all places are included, but many restaurants and bars ARE (or WERE?). In the lobby of Castilla El Cid is a big reader board that lists Elite and 'regular' AI. It DID include all resorts in the past, just not ALL 'joints'. :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

not even thinking about the fact you can use other properties but just on the one i would be staying at.... even if i would use the others it's NOT a factor in my decision making.... just resort vs resort itself :) but it sounds like i;m best to go with marina of any of the el cids... so i guess it will be either el cid marina or PB emerald if we can swing the extra $$$... do you think the extra $$$ is worth it at PB?

Edited: 08 August 2011, 01:06
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

I honestly think Emerald Bay is about the coolest place in Mazatlan. I get around to ALL over, though, so for me it's all about variety and such. I think the Marina is cool too, and relatively new and nice, but I am not a big fan of the other El Cids, though I think all their resorts are pretty well run, good staffs, etc.

One thing I would mention is that there IS a pretty large pool at Castilla/El Moro, and another pretty good sized one on the Castilla side; not SMALL as was mentioned. As a Hotel, I'd say forget the Castilla and Grenada for sure, the El Moro is better, but you might spend a lot of time waiting for elevators (?). I do not believe anyone would be unhappy at Em. Bay. More money? Maybe, but there are deals to be found.................... :)

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

I stay at El Moro all the time. The pools and surrounding property are not small by any means and the 1 bedroom suite has everything a family could want. The views are spectacular from the balcony although the railings are rather low and a little scary for children. I go there twice a year and have had very little trouble with the elevators. Don't expect luxury though, this property is a solid three star , nothing more. I usually get a screaming deal at this property. The location in the center of town is the best.

Edited: 08 August 2011, 02:01
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: el cid marina vs el cid beach...

never even crossed my mind to look at el moro as it seemed small and was less stars... but i will look into it. how's the AI plan there? what is the real difference between moro and castillo since they are next door to each other? as long as we have a la cartes to go to, good pool side food and kid friendly food i think any of these will be good :)