We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

We are thinking of visiting in mid-Feb. Son will be 18 months old. Concerned about noise, rowdiness and any general safety issues I might now have thought of. Anyone who has been there able to offer some insight? Ty for any replies!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

Took our 15 mo old there in June and we had no issues besides the long flights from DC. The pool had a few shallow areas for him and depending on the time of the day different areas were shaded by palm trees. Beds were hard as a rock though (same as his crib) so make sure and bring a favorite blanket

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

Will do and ty for the reply. :)

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

Been going to Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay for years since the kids were very young. With a little one I would highly recommend over some of the closer resorts to town, Very quiet and the pool has a very shallow end that would be great to play in with your 18 month old. Definitely feel safe at PBEB.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

I just returned from my third stay at PBEB - it's a great place for little ones. The pool has some shallow areas for toddlers and there are lots of umbrellas and trees for shade. It's very quiet there as well, it's generally not a rowdy place. I love it there and I'm sure you will too :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

There is a VERY shallow little play area at the end of the large pool, maybe 20 feet in diameter? I sat there myself once just to cool off a bit with my feet and legs in the water; not even a foot deep. The little kids were lovin' it. Lots of loungers around it too. :)

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

Thanks everyone. Some very reassuring replies! Got some planning to do. Really hope this works out. :)

7. Re: PB Emerald Bay: Good place to take a toddler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 10:17