We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pretty dead....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Topic
Pretty dead....

Is everyone asleep? Why is this forum so dead? There must be trip reports to offer, info to those who have asked, interesting things/places people have heard of or seen/experienced recently (or even over the past many months), photos to share, etc.

I can understand some people being disillusioned by the past cold winter, the 'downer' of not being able to visit again soon enough, and so on, but come on...

Must be something to add from many folks out there. I know many locals have noticed some of the things I wrote of myself; some further input can only help, no? Let's liven it up? :) Some folks DO wish to know, especially people planning on coming down, dontcha think? Thanks. :)

I'm going to bed............

Edited: 30 August 2011, 03:01
San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pretty dead....

Well we finally got our airfare. 81 days! Got a great fare on Continental, $401 from Chicgo. Lookingnforward to trying out the Salsa and Salsa at RoyL Villas!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pretty dead....

any info or leads on low fares from Boston or Hartford to Mzt? dates are dec 15 to jan 1, 2012... it's been 2 yrs but fares are quite high! thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pretty dead....

any info or leads on low fares from Boston or Hartford to Mzt? dates are dec 15 to jan 1, 2012... it's been 2 yrs but fares are quite high! thanks

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pretty dead....

I'm coming back for the 3rd time in Oct. Just couldn't resist $380 RT Anc- Gdl with only 1 stop.

Maybe you want to help with ideas... 3 nights Guadalajara. (Hotel booked and concert tickets bought!) Then trying to decide if Colima is worth staying at a night or two for the volcano/waterfall or just do day trips from Manzanillo ( 4-5 nights?) Then on to Puerto Vallarta (booked a condo for $250/week!) up to Mazatlan, then over to Cabo on the ferry for a few nights. Heading back to Maz, down to PV and over to Gdl for the return flight, 5 weeks total.

I could use help with the buses/timing but since Oct isn't high season I'm hoping that winging most of it should be okay.

I've been lurking on the Pacific Coast forum and asked a couple of questions but this forum feels like home. :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pretty dead....

Sounds like quite the trip, glacierlady! We've talked about ferrying over to Cabo...you'll have to give us a report on that!

surfnturfn, this forum IS really dead. I keep checking the forum hoping to add idea's to our upcoming trip. It coincides again with Carnival. YEAH!

You'll love Salsa and Salsa, mexiladie! If you want a mortar and pestle, buy it from them...I cannot find one close to as nice as the ones they sell!

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pretty dead....

Houmom

did you do the royal villas salsa y salsa? do you know what evenings. besides kicking back and watching sunsets eating and drinking no other plans yet but we are down to 80 days!

we got our mortar and pestle on Isla Majeres several years ago but thanks.

Was looking forward to La Regional, not quite sure why we never made it in last November, so are disappointed it's closed! I'm sure we'll manage to stay full and fat tho!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pretty dead....

Yep, mexiladie, we did go to the Salsa y Salsa at the Royal Villas. It was a great evening! We went on a Friday night. It is set up out close to their pool. There were 4-5 round tables when we went, and each table had at least 4 people sitting at them. Everything was already set up and quite organized. You put on aprons and chef hats, and then the fun begins! It was quite chilly after the sun went down, but they had space heaters lined up. That was also when we started the dancing portion of the evening, so that helped keep us warm a bit, also!

It really is too bad about La Regional...I wonder what Christina is doing now. I know she also worked at Diego's some of the time so perhaps she is there full time now. She was our favorite waitress!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pretty dead....

Space heaters in Mazatlan. That kills me, but it was rather appreciated this past winter, no doubt.

9. Re: Pretty dead....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 02:18