We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttles or Taxies?

Vancouver, B.C...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttles or Taxies?

From the airport in Mazatlan, What is the best way to reach Gaviotas Racquet and Tennis Club? Thanks for the info.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

Just take a taxi.

With the shuttles you could be riding around for over two hours before you reach your destination.

Not a good way to start your vacation.

The shuttles also could lose your luggage

Been there and done that, take a taxi!

Vancouver, B.C...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

Thanks for the great advice. Does the taxi drivers speak English and are they reliable? I am only concerned about the safety.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

The taxi driver will speak enough english to get the job done and I agree with the previous sentiment; I haven't taken a shuttle since the late 90's. Taxi is much quicker and far less of an annoyance. And yes they're safe. I'm on my way out the door right now and I'll be taking one of those taxis in a few hours. Enjoy!

Edited: 02 September 2011, 10:50
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

No question the taxi's are the most reliable choice--especially for three or less passengers.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

They have a 'Taxi starter' at the airport who will speak English. He will take you to a booth right outside the exit doors where you will pay a set price for the ride. NOT per person! They will probably know right where Gaviotas Racquet and Tennis Club is. It is just inland from the Inn At Mazatlan so that will be the price you pay. Enjoy! (And yes, they are very safe.)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

Just don't talk to anyone else who approaches you as you walk outside. There could be sales people trying to steer you into a timeshare tour. Go straight out to the curb, ignore the guys who might pester you (simple enough to just say "no" or ignore them), then ask for 'the starter' or just get a voucher right at the 'booth' (like a tall, enclosed kiosk right at the curb outside). The girl will take your payment, a taxi will be ready for you right away. Good idea to let them know you are going close to the Inn @ Mazatlan; the fare will be the same to your Club, about the equivalent of $25. Easy. Enjoy.

Vancouver, B.C...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

Thank you so much for all the wonderful tips. You all have made me at ease about the trip to Mazatlan. I have been to Mazatlan twice in the 80's and loved it. But i don't know much about today's Mazatlan. This is the first time I have used Tripadvisor's form and I am very impressed!

8. Re: Shuttles or Taxies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 21:17