We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current exchange rate

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
current exchange rate

Coming to Maz in Nov. Just for curiosity, what is the exchange rate on the street in the Golden Zone?

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: current exchange rate

Since it changes daily, there's not much point in checking now, but it is in the general vicinity of $12.50+ MXN for $1 USD. It's extremely unlikely that this will be the rate come November.

Edited: 22 September 2011, 21:04
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: current exchange rate

Man, it's really good today, not talking about the cambios on the street here of course, but given a good ATM debit card; 13.8+ pesos to the USD! Agreed, I wouldn't expect that to last either, but wow, highest I've seen in some time. Maybe 12-15% better than just back in mid-August. 0_0

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current exchange rate

"But wow"...Surfnturf...the USA about crashed and burned today...so something has to be in our favor!!!!~~~~~~

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: current exchange rate

I don't know about 'crashed and burned', but I am guessing a few folks grabbed last week's profits...................too many pessimists. ;)

Yep, the silver lining, a better exchange, eh? :)

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
845 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: current exchange rate

Beab66 - if you are using windows vista or 7 you can have the Bank to Bank exchange rate displayed on your screen through Desktop Gadgets, the actual exchange rate "on the street" will be a little less. Your best rates are usually given at the ATM's, and those are located just about everywhere in Maz. You should ask your bank if they are affiliated with any Mexico banks as you would get the best bang for your buck at those. Enjoy Maz!!

6. Re: current exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 17:19