We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to hear---

Arkansas
Level Contributor
590 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Need to hear---

It would be nice to hear from the new visitors and hear how they felt about their visit. Were their questions before going answered correctly ? Will they go again ? Where did the answers error ? We need to hear from you so we can be the most help possible.

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
779 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to hear---

Like.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to hear---

We went to Maz last year at this time for the first time. Have travelled all over Mexico but never there. I found very good information on the forum, probably wouldn't have found many of the places in old town and Olas Altas.

As for returning? Maybe. I found the place a real paradox, some was very cool, other things were on the terrible scale. If I found a good deal I might go back, but there are so many nicer locations on the Pacific coast it would have to be a smokin' deal!

Edited: 29 October 2011, 21:17
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to hear---

Now that the tourist season is starting in earnest we should see some first-timers posting on this thread. It would be great to hear their impressions. I remember the first time I went to Mazatlan. I thought to myself, "oh I'm definately coming back here!."

Edited: 29 October 2011, 23:34
british columbia
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to hear---

in maz right now for the first time....will report later....so far the only thing I can say is the taxi from the airport did not help me to get a lay of the land....streets are very confusing...but this is only hour 2...I am pretty sure things will get a bit clearer

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
779 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to hear---

Curtwill - get ab Pacific Pearl magazine, they can be found most everywhere in the Golden Zone, and on pages 8 and 9 there are maps of Mazatlan. You can find your hotel on the map then get the "lay of the land" with that as a reference. Enjoy Mazatlan!!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need to hear---

Curtwill, As a first-timer you should hire a pulmonia to take you on a city tour. Usually about 20 bucks per hour and after a couple hour tour you will have a good idea of the lay of the land. Enjoy!

Edited: 30 October 2011, 13:43
british columbia
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need to hear---

Pacific Pearl was in the lobby so i grabbed one last night. I have gps and maps on my phone but the streets seem to lack signage for the most part,,,,,I went for a walk after I posted last night and used icebox hill as a landmark and I had no problems. Everyone seems very friendly and if you give a passer by a nod or a 'hola' it is always returned. Pulmonia tour will be today, after i get some coffee in me. Thanks again for the info.

To answer Karla's question....so far. I would not hesitate to return and the info posted on TA has been most helpful.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need to hear---

I have to comment that I am of the same opinion as Speed0. Spent a month in Mazatlan in 2010 and 2011. Enjoyed ourselves for the most part, as we had family reunions both times. Leaving for Cancun in a few weeks. Love the color of the water there. Pacific side is our preference also. Found Mazatlan lacked a lot in the Wow factor for us, especially in 2011. We will return because of family obligations, but, do prefer PV area.

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
779 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need to hear---

The signage is there, Curtwill, but for the most part is painted on the sides of buildings or whatever else is close and doesn't move often so at times you really have to look for the street names.. Another reason to keep moving in Mazatlan... :-}

Arkansas
Level Contributor
590 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need to hear---

Thanks Curwill; please post when you get home and tell us what you enjoyed the most etc etc. What was your best meal ? Food seems to be the best subject here on the forum so that would be a needed "KNOW"