We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Laundromat

Can anyone recommend a self serve laundromat close to La Gran Plaza?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat

Can't vouch for laundramat near Gran Plaza... But we have paid for the whole nine yards at a place near Pueblo Bonito.... about 6 dollars for about a weeks worth of clothes.. Washed dried and folded. If it's not a long term thing, I'd opt to pay for the service and hang out somewhere nice. :-)

Newman Lake...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat

That would be Lucy's? Across from Pueblo Bonito. Drop off your laundry on the way into town, enjoy the day and pick up your laundry on the way back! They do a great job!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat

Indeed.. Lucy's .. We don't bring as much to Maz as we used to and hit Lucy's mid trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat

Thank you for your suggestions but, we're here for 6 months and I'd rather do our laundry myself.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat

Can you narrow it down a bit, as to your location? Are you near Av. Insurgentes? There are some lavanderias listed in the phone book on Insurgentes that you could check out.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat

Nearly ALL the laundries (lavanderías) in Mazatlán are full service and don't allow self service. The one major exception that I know of is across from the Hotel Costa de Oro in the south passageway next to/behind the Banco Santander. They offer both self-service and full-service.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromat

I'll tell ya...I had my laundry done south of Royal Villas...wonderful...went to the laundria across from Costa de Oro to "do it myself"...save money. Cost the same. Only difference in my mind is that I could control the dryer heat. Had some shrinkage. I usually dry on low, they did not.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
791 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundromat

Hi Kokomeister,

We used Lucy's Laundry which is just across the street from the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. We had the the laundry done because it was so inexpensive and they did a very good job. Everything washed, dried, folded and bagged and nothing shrunk or faded.

The last time we were in Maz you could do it yourself at Lucy's Laundry. That was last year so things may have changed.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundromat

Most laundries are full service, as stated, but we have usually found one that allows self-serve during slow periods. You just have to ask nicely, they can say no. As someone said they tend to ramp up the heat in both washers and dryers, so we will just wash, and let nature do the drying. Quite revolutionary? lol!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundromat

Thanks everyone! We did find the one across from Costa de Oro but, it was closing for the day so they directed us to another one 2 blocks east of the Dairy Queen. It is called Ocean Laundry and we were able to do everything ourselves.