We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Seattle

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Seattle

Did the directs from SEA to MZT end recently? Looking all the way into next year and see nothing...hoping they come back...anyone have any details?

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Seattle

They stopped April 10--or thereabouts. There is no indication that they will continue next year. I bought a round trip ticket in July, 2011 for SEA to MZT mid Oct and return from MZT to SEA 15 April 2012. Was told in mid-march that the non-stop to Seattle was cancelled and I was rerouted on a one stop in LA flight. No reason given. Alaska Airlines

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Seattle

Yep,

According to the nice folks at Alaska Airlines there will be no more non stops from Sea to Mzt anytime in the forseeable future.

Our flights for early May have been changed 5 times since we booked them in Nov 2011.

Twice the flights we were booked on were discontinud completely.

Just a sign of the times, they can't fly half full planes & make a profit anymore.

I know someone here has flown into Maztalan on plane that was full & can only say they is probabaly because it was one of the few planes flying into Maz. on that day.

califonia
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Seattle

If there was a nonstop flight from the bay area to mazatalan I would be there 2 more times a year at least.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Seattle

Continental from Houston has cut back too. No more Tuesdays. We flew down last October on a Monday in the Embraer little fellow and it was just over half full.

birdman has it right. Sign of the times.

I'm looking at flights now for October and they are 700 PP RT from Atlanta thru Houston. Yuk!

5. Re: Flights from Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:18