We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English tour op

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
English tour op

Hiya all , just a quick question .

Does anyone know if an English tour operator uses the Emerald ?

Thanks Andy .

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English tour op

Andy, when you say "the Emerald" are you referring to the RIU Emerald Bay, or Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay? I'm guessing the RIU. You likely have already checked with the likes of Thomson, First Choice, or Thomas Cook? For reasons of logistics, the UK tour operators tend to focus on the Caribbean coast of Mexico rather than the Pacific. We had heard early on that a European charter operator was going to do business with the RIU Emerald Bay, but nothing has come of that yet.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 12:12
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: English tour op

So Mazatlan may be saying "the British are coming"....LOL

AMDEB for what it's worth my wife is a Brit and her relatives love Maz. It's unique as a classic warm weather destination with great beaches. Along with a charming old world section of town, which doesn't exist anywhere else along the Pacific or Gulf coastline.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English tour op

Thanks for the quick reply guys .

I'm def going to look into it. The resort and surrounding area looks great .

We're 4 adults that like sun sea pool games and a drink of an evening with good night time entertainment .

We range from 45 to 55 .

Do you think this place fits the bill ?

Oh we just came back from Cuba and have been to the Riu Caribe in Cancun last year .

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: English tour op

Sonds like the perfect place for your group. While you're at the RIU make sure to take a nice walk down the beach to Mr. Lionoso's Restaurant. (That would be north, and to the right when facing the ocean).

True Mr. Lionoso's would not be part of your all inclusive package. However the food is terrific and moderately priced, along with a wonderful location and atmosphere.

At least one day you'll want to share a taxi and go down to El Centro. There are magificantly restored buildings with a New Orleans feel, and also a beautiful bay called Olas Altas (high waves). Here's a link to a walking tour of El Centro so you can get an advance look.

Just tell the taxi driver "Mercado Centro" which is the where this tour starts. Or better yet have the bellman getting you the taxi explain your destination. If walking distance is an issue, a much shorter version would be to go directly to Plazuela Machado (No. 7/8 on the tour) and meander to Olas Altas (No. 15) from there.

There are excellent places to dine at both ends, like Pedro's and Lola's in Plaza Machado and La Cueva del Leon in Olas Altas. Have a great time !

http://mazatlanlife.com/walking-tour/

Edited: 03 May 2012, 19:30
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English tour op

Try the Plaza on Friday or Saturday night. It wikll likely be more active than midweek and there could be entertainment on the stages at opposite end from Pedro and Lola's. Il Mosto (italien) is good as is Traymora just up from Pedro y Lola.

And I agree with Aqua Maz advice on Lionso's . IMHO..No trip to Mazatlan is complete without visiting Mr. Lionso's Playa Bruha... at least once. The pan pipe player hopefully will be there when you go.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English tour op

Thanks for the info guys .

Now I'm going to see how much it costs for two weeks in may next year and if I can get a tour operator or go it alone .

I wonder if anyone out there from England has been and who with ?

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: English tour op

My Auntie and Uncle came twice and they liked it. Usually they go to Greece for their vacations. They just booked the flights themselves, and I really don't know which airline they used.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: English tour op

May is a wonderful to visit Mazatlan. Very nice weather....warm air and ocean water with no rain, and only moderate humidity.

Hope you get a trip together, and if you do you'll have a great time !

9. Re: English tour op

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:16