We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
COBOURG
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

This is our third trip to Maz and it keeps getting better. This was our first trip during Xmas, as we usually come there for March Break. The grass is much greener and the water much warmer!!

We always rent a condo at Tiara Sands, on Cerritos beach. We ate a few meals of shrimp at the condo, which we purchased on the beach and they were amazing! We picked up what we call "street chicken" a couple of times from Mazz Pollio, it is soooo good.

Restaurants we ate at were: Panamas a couple times. Roys for ribs, Seafarer which was really good, Last drop, Mary's, Panchos (on the beach) which for the first time disappointed me with their food, Il Mosto at the Plaza Machado was amazing I had the Black Buro steak and the Margarita's were insane, Ernie's was really good, Chili Peppers was also a great evening, had a great lunch at Yoopers, and had a couple breakfasts at the Marina and Tennis club.

We went to 2 Venados baseball games which were so much fun, I highly recommend the experience, although their relief pitching sucks. I paid 105 pesos and sat behind home plate. 20 pesos pacificos and dynamite food made it a couple great nights.

We experienced far more locals at this time of the year and had ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES!!!!!

We stayed committed to riding the buses this year and saw way more of the sights and saved lots of money at the same time!

We also went to Mazagua waterpark, where we were almost the only ones there. It was 150 pesos and a great day. There are some really good slides there.

Spent Xmas day at Diego's with my family, a Christmas I wont soon forget!

For the first time a bought gold from El Delphin Jewelery store. They actually custom made a star fish pennant for my wife, it was a reasonable price and turned out great. The ladies in there were so helpful!

All in all another great trip to Mazatlan, I can hardly wait to get back! ITS A SAFE PLACE!!!!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

Thank you for your post. It sounds like a great time. I appreciate your input on restaurants also!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

Thanks for posting, I too, am also determined to use the bus more this visit.

It saves $ for eating in new places. Thanks again.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

Thanks OC for your trip report; was happy to read about the Seafarer; we went a couple of times last year and loved the food but i rarely hear about it here. They deserve a shout out for sure! Thanks again! Sounds like it was a great trip!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

Thanks for the excellent trip report. It should be useful to others. And yes I echo the feelings about Seafarer. Excellent dining experience!

5. Re: Trip Report Dec 22 - Jan 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 07:16