We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food at PB Maz?

ann arbor
Level Contributor
275 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
cost of food at PB Maz?

Im think Im going to pay the extra 20 dollars a nite to upgrade to the oceanview luxury suite as my husband likes to sleep in and that gives us a whole separate bedroom but for 50 dollars more I could get the oceanview junior suite and all inclusive-----wonder if its worth it? I think we would eat breakfast there most mornings ? Just dont know how expensive the restaurants are at the place or near by???

I mean would I be saving alot---doubt I would always want to eat at PB MAZ ---thanks

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of food at PB Maz?

PB Maz has three pretty good restaurants, but also pretty expensive. On our last trip we did eat in them a couple of times, but too expensive for a regular thing. There are many, many excellent restaurants in Mazatlan, and quite a few very close to the resort - as in walking distance. They are also very reasonably priced compared to the resort restaurants.

Also, all the units in the resort have kitchenettes, so you can cook some simple meals if you as so inclined. And I believe that all of the rooms have ocean views and/or pool views. If the hotel is not crowded, just let them know what you want when you check in - they are very accomodating.

Level Contributor
592 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of food at PB Maz?

Many eating areas in the area around PBMaz. Their rest. are very good but when in Maz one should try all the things available. Buy shrimp on the beach and cook in your room. We bring our own seasoning and cocktail sauce. Microwave popcorn gets one over the hump and makes for sheap eating. So many inexpensive places to eat. Enjoy.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of food at PB Maz?

IMHO AI is not worth it unless you eat a lot and drink alot AND plan to do all that eating and drinking in the AI resort. PBM has good restaruants, especially Cilantros, but..... there are so many good places to eat and drink in Mazatlan. To not experience some of these places is IMHO, a mistake. But to each his own.

If you cook shrimp yourself and need to make cocktail sauce, be sure and bring horseradish... we have yet to find it in any of the supermarkets.

4. Re: cost of food at PB Maz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor