We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Hi - we have not bee back to the resort since the takeover of the adjacent property.

Since it's been a year now after they were rewarded back the property - is the fence down and all back to normal?

Looking for pictures!

If it has been restored we would love to go in a couple of months.

Mazatlan, Mexico
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

We just had our wedding there. The place is just as nice as ever. We took a bit o. a video. The first few minutes show the grounds.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Good morning Ken! It looks like it is my lucky day - have you just signed on to trip advisor today? Thank you if you did. Much appreciated:)

Lovely video thanks. Have to say your wife looked a bit nervous in the video at the beginning! It was our breakfast treat to watch the entire ting. Wishing you many years of making memories.

Do you have any picturesof the other end of the resort going North where all the grass and palapas where? We were wondering how it has been set up and if the volleyball courts and tennis are back to the normas well.

Mazatlan, Mexico
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Yes, just joined today. Thanks for the comment on the video.

I know that the tennis court is still there, but not sure about the volleyball. The old palapa area is still sectioned off and in ruins. Although, I was told by a person from Torres, that the legal issue is almost resolved, and they should have that property back shortly. But, who knows what that means.

I will try to get over there later, and take a few photos for you.

Regards

Ken

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Thanks Ken! Sound like you are still there?

Lucky guy:)

Enjoy the rest of your time!

Mazatlan, Mexico
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Yes, still here for another six week, then head back to BC. Hopefully, it will stop raining by then.

Went to Torres this morning and took a few photos of the area you are interested in. I have uploaded them to Dropbox. Here is a link. I will delete them in a few days.

https:/…-iG2wysK3H

Regards

Ken

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Thanks so much Ken! I am so sad to see the vacant lot in the shape it is . wonder how long until it is all back to good use.

6 more weeks! - ugh.... I am very green.

Still rain, rain, rain here. Don't hurry home!

J

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
932 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

Congrats on that wedding and for the peek of the grounds and your lovely wedding!

MBL

8. Re: Torres Mazatlan - needing update info/ pictures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:17