We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cesar Millan Visits Mazatlan's Animal Shelter

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cesar Millan Visits Mazatlan's Animal Shelter

The Amigos de Los Animales crew was overjoyed when Cesar Millan and his personal veterinarian, Dr. Rick Garcia, paid a surprise visit recently. Dr. Garcia went straight to work, and the Cesar Millan Foundation made a nice donation to help with a planned expansion. See article and photos here: http://bit.ly/11XMeNI

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cesar Millan Visits Mazatlan's Animal Shelter

Very Nice. Thanks for sharing.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cesar Millan Visits Mazatlan's Animal Shelter

Most people are not aware Cesar Millan was originally from a small village going toward Culiacan, and he dreamed of being a vet. He came to Mazatlan with very little but charm, and talked his way into working for Dr. Marco Cardenas at his Pacifico Vetenario near the main bus station.

With no formal training at all, Cesar started with the basics of grooming. However very soon two things became self apparent. Firstly getting the undergraduate courses necessary to even get into a Vet school was problematical. Secondly it was clear that Cesar had a gift for communicating with animals that went far, far beyond what any Vet training could ever produce.

Instead he was encouraged by Dr. Marco to seek his fortune in the US, where his gift as a natural trainer would hopefully make for a good living. Sometime later Dr. Marco received a call from Cesar, and assumed he was just making up a good story about being introduced to Will Smith the actor, who needed help with unruly dogs.

Turns out the story wasn't made up, and that occasion was just the middle part of a journey from very humble beginnings, to working for stars, then eventually Cesar becoming a star in his own right.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 21:48
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cesar Millan Visits Mazatlan's Animal Shelter

Stories like this make me happy and hopeful. I am familiar with Cesar's story which is very impressive. I recently lost my best friend of 18 years...my beautiful Bichon Frise, "Muggie". I commend Mazatlan, I have witnessed the job they are doing for those who cannot speak for themselves.

4. Re: Cesar Millan Visits Mazatlan's Animal Shelter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 06:18