We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

An excellent article on Mazatlan from the Latin America Times...

The London Financial Times named it one of the Top 10 American Cities of the Future, rating it as Mexico's top medium-sized city in terms of its future economic expectations and cost effectiveness.

latimes.com/travel/…7428633.story

Edited: 19 June 2013, 16:12
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

I saw an increase in tourism this past winter with Mexican Nationals. There were numerous charter buses parked on the streets during the week in my neighborhood in the Golden Zone.

2. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 16:23
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

Last summer saw one of the best, if not THE best, tourist season for National visitors in memory. It appears that situation has expanded into the winter season too, which is a huge surprise and very welcome. In the meantime despite flight difficulties, NOB visitors are slowly but surely coming back.

At some point the overblown safety issue will have died out completely and NOB tourists will be filling up Mazatlan again each winter. If the Mexican economy also stays robust Mazatlan will be getting National tourists in the winter too, and this is going to change things dramatically!

Remember everything we're seeing so far is not even adding in the benefit of the Mazatlan - Durango toll road being finished. Once that happens (later this fall or early winter) visitors from the states of Durango and Chichihuahua will be able to drive to Mazatlan hours sooner, and with much less driver fatigue.

Better times are already here, and that trend will continue going forward.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 02:54
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
505 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

When I made my flight reservations for Mazatlan the Westjet travel consultant told me that they have already had a lot of bookings for Mazatlan for 2013-2014 winter season.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

We east coast NOB folks need Ubtried Airlines to resume the morning flight out of Houston.

new jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

I agree with Steverinoh. We use to fly from Newark to Houston and then to Mazatlan. This November I have to fly to Phila, Phoenix and Mzt. As much as I love Mzt, 3 flights are too much and we will have tolook for another vacation place unless things change. What good is a timeshare if it is too hard to get there.. If only United would resume their flights....wishful thinking! And with hardly any competition, US Airways fares are really expensive.

Onalaska, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

Try looking at Delta through MSP.

Indiana...
Level Contributor
618 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

American Airlines has a morning flight out of Dallas.

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

Try booking an AA flight through DFW, with an overnight at the airport. We saved more than $400 taking an afternoon flight from DCA, overnighting near DFW and then catching the morning flight to MZT.

10. Re: Tourism Picture is brightening for Mazatlan article...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:17