We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Topic
Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We are having problems getting into the resort that we have stayed at for that past 12 years. Our exchange company does have the PB Emerald Bay. We know this is a lovely resort, but we love to just walk out of our resort and be able to walk to restaurants and so on. If we decide to stay at the Emerald Bay, how often does the shuttle run? How early and how late? Hate the feeling of being stranded so far from all of the fun. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

Shuttle runs from 10 am ish from PBEB to PBM. On the hour. PBM to PBEB on the half hour. Depending on time of year they run an extra shuttle at dinner time. PBEB to PBM would be 6:30 PM for example. The net of it is you won't be "stuck" up at PBEB. You do, however, have to reserve a slot and get a ticket from PBEB to PBM AND GET A RETURN TICKET from PBM to PBEB. Busy shuttle tims vary, of course... depending on season. In 8 years we have never been "shut out". And even if you miss a shuttle you can get a pulmonia or taxi back. Enjoy the trip. PBEB is quite pretty.

Curious. What exchange company? What time are you after?

Edited: 17 September 2013, 02:36
J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We are members of San Francisco Exchange and I am hoping today they will be able to get us in to the resort that we want. This is our relaxing vacation, but we also like the flexibility of being able to walk to breakfast and/dinner most days. We also spend a lot of time in Olas Alta's, El Centro and Plaza Muchado. Going out to dinner at 6:30 is fine, but what time is the return shuttle . if we go into the ares mentioned above we usually stay out until at least ten. i was told that a taxid from yhe Golden Zone to PBEB is $12. So I wonder what it would be from Plaza Muchado. going out to breakfast is not a must. But we do go out to dinner every evening and that is a must on this trip. Too many great place and such great food. We are coming for three weeks in Feb./March. We also have a gentleman who owns a laundry service and we can jait walk ther from the El CID Marina. It is a just a short walk to many great restaurants and many times we walk on down to the heart of the Golden Zone to shed those extra calories. We are in our sixty's but very active and I am afraid PBEB is too far out for three or four weeks. Maybe one week, but not more. May have to use our other time share exchange.

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We were able to get into the Marina, but may go down on a Tuesday or Wednesday and stay at PBEM. Might be a great way for us to try it out for a few days. I know it is a lovely resort, but don't like the distance to all of the fun stuff.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

Last shuttle from PBM to PBEB is 10:30 last time we were there. May be different, based on season. It would be tight getting from historic area to PBM, to catch last shuttel, if you hang down there 'til 9"30 - 10 ish.

GZ to PBEB by taxi or pulmonia might be 60 pesos. Someone will correct me if I'm way off. I don't think it's 12.00 US. $12.00 from cathedral might be right from there to PBEB. We try for the A/C bus from Historic area to PBM and then shuttle.up to PBEB.

A month at PBEB might be too long. We have done 2 weeks w/o an issue of cabin fever.

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We were finally able to get into El CID Marina for three weeks during Carnival. We are thinking about going down on the Tuesday or Wednesday before we check into El CID. That way we can stay somewhere else for a few days and see what we think and I get three or four more days in our beloved Mazatlan.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

Funny, we do the opposite; spend a few days at the Marina before we check into P.B.E.B. or P.B. Maz. you should try E.B at least once, very nice & easy to get back & forth to the golden zone.

That time of year the last shuttle from P.B. Maz to P B E B is midnight, miss it & you can expect to pay $ 20 U.S. + for a pulmonia or taxi ---- the drivers seem to know they have a captive audience. : )

Getting a ticket for the shuttle is as simple as walking up to the concierge desk & asking for one, no problem at all.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 17:08
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We've done the shuttle thing, and it just gets old in a hurry. If you are just doing it a couple of times, that's okay, but when you are staying WAAAAAAAAAy out there, and most of the things you want to do are in the Gold Zone or El Centro, it's just not worth the hassle.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We will ride the shuttle in but almost never back. We find a pulmonia driver we like and do a little negotiating for the whole stay, we get his phone number and call him when we need him. Most of the time he just hangs with us. If we are going to stay out for a while, we give him a time to be back. Works pretty good. Sometimes the ride back is $100 pesos from downtown at the most, but it's a long trip out there, we don't mind paying that, and we normally give them a nice tip for taking care of us during the stay. If you hear loud 80's music, that's us, we like the fun-monias that rock. 11 Days....

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

We were able to get our three weeks at the El Cid Marina which is a great location and has a shuttle down to the other El Cid's. We are going down three days before the three weeks begin, but decided to give the Inn at Mazatlan a try for those three days. We have just decided the PBEB is too far out for us. We like being able to walk out of the lobby and be able to walk to restaurants and shops or get a quick shuttle or pulmonia driver. Sometimes we start out walking and before we know it we are all the way into the heart of the Golden Zone.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Shuttle

Good choices J-W. The Marina rooms are very nice, and the Inn's are as well. Can't beat the location of the Inn. You may wish your whole stay was at the Inn.