We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pueblo bonito mazatlan

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pueblo bonito mazatlan

We are considering this resort because the reviews are very good and they have a swimmable beach verses the pbeb.anything you can tell me about resort....good or bad to make up our minds....we like a good swimup bar,good variety of food,good entertainment,nice beach.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
789 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

Hello Sherri,

The Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan would be my choice. It's a nice well kept older resort with nice suites, a nice pool and easy access to a very nice swimmable beach. There are good restaurants right in the hotel complex and several good restaurants right in the area of the hotel. Buses and pulmonias are plentiful and cheap and will take you anywhere you want to go in a few minutes.

Just my opinion.

Edited: 25 September 2013, 14:53
J R
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

I have only been inside PBEB once, it's very nice... But is waaaaaay out there... Not close to anything interesting

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

Pueblo Bonito is a very good choice for my money, but it is a little dated. For me it just adds a little character to the hotel. My spouse, on the other hand, does not care for it. We have stayed at the Inn at Mazatlan on most of our trips, and it is also an excellent choice. PBEB is way too far out to enjoy Mazatlan in the best way. You can take their shuttle to the PB, but then go from there - taxi, bus, walking... I just don't think it's worth the hassle. Also, as you note, the beach at PBEB is not great for swimming or walking.

One thing going for PB is that all suites have mini kitchens and pool/ocean views. Food and drink at the resort is expensive, and the facilities in the rooms allow you to make some simple meals and drinks to save a little $$.

Have fun!

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

Of the four specific things you mentioned sherri, PB Maz is superior in at least three of them.

1. The swim up bar set up is one of the best I've seen

2. Cilantros Restaurante inside the complex has wonderful food and the view / ambiance is outstanding. The outside restaurants nearby are among some of the best available in Mazatlan, and IMHO Maz has the best dining on the Pacific coast of Mexico

3. The beach there could arguably be the best in the city, with the stiffest competition coming from Stone Island

Lastly I agree with Dougfir in PB Maz having loads of character....over new glitz. The motif is classico Mexican architecture, and they carried it off perfectly. The buildings have an old world charm and they are kept immaculately clean.

Whatever you decide have a great trip!

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

We stay at a resort just around the corner from Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan and the nice thing about this area is that there are several restaurants within walking distance. We prefer the resort that we stay in because it has a shuttle to the heart of the Golden Zone and the rooms are more updated. If I were choosing between PBM or PBEM, I would certainly choose Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. Unless you are only going to Mazatlan for a resort that is very nice, but out in the middle of no where, where you will NOT experience Mazatlan and it's lovely people.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

PB Maz is a great place to stay. Our suite was nothing too fancy, but the hotel is nice and the restaurants are great. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. It is not right in the center of the shopping but there are stores and other restaurants right there.

7. Re: pueblo bonito mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:17