We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

names of some of the Maz people?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mn
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
names of some of the Maz people?

Hello.. I feel horrible, as I've traveled there every year for the past 5 years and don't know the names of couple of people I talk to every year. The 1st one would be the guy on the beach (golden zone) who sells chicklets- yes, I do know he's not as handicapped as he acts to be, but regardless, would like to acknowledge him by name. The other, is the lead singer from the band at Gus N Gus.

Thanks for any help.

Mazatlan or...
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

The singer is Luis

Calgary, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

I believe Chuy is your chicklet guy.

Mn
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

Same subject. Name of the pan pipe player and guitarist at Playa Bruha........ Mr Lionso's

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

The chicklets guys isn't as handicapped as he makes himself out to be??

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

"The chicklets guys isn't as handicapped as he makes himself out to be??"

That is the bamboo telegraph story! I don't know, nor really care. He has been up and down the beach for at least ten years, and at times can become a bit of a nuisance...but not usually. Last year the guards at PBMaz would often move him right along. Once he gets off the beach, he does seem to move a little easier, and he can run for the bus.......lol!

Fruitvale, CO
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

I have seen him walk and run normally. Also jump up on a wall in order to beg . I have heard hin talk normally to buy cigarettes. As I volunteer with a disabled organization I find his act insulting to the truely disabled.

andover, mn
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

I work with disabled people as well, so was shocked the first time I heard about this.... and I have heard him say my name perfectly while i was walking away 1 day. Hey, it's mexico and I guess he's trying to make a living. I give him a few bucks every year and tell him not to spend it on weed and he laughs. Thanks everyone fo the info.

Fruitvale, CO
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

Sorry Dianeandover but I don't approve of people "making a living" by runing a scam whether in the US or Mexico.

Mn
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: names of some of the Maz people?

I hear you... I don't approve either, I think he has some disabilities but is grossly exaggerating them. Mazatlan is an interesting place for sure.