We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

volunteering

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
volunteering

we brought a kitten home to Canada. its simple. get the paperwork , pay the airline [$100] and fly home. I think more people would like to do this but not take on the commitment of a pet. Take one home and adopt it out. I met a lady who does this 6 dogs at a time and sells them for what it costs to get them home! just an idea, a great idea. my cat hates the cold and is very small from being malnourished when she was young! My friends say she won the lottery!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: volunteering

Nice idea, but our animal shelters are over run with homeless kitties as it is. Shouldn't we be taking care of them first before bringing more back.??

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: volunteering

You make a very good point sun, nevertheless adopting an unwanted pet is a good thing wherever it happened to come from. Congratulations on your new addition warm !

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
539 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: volunteering

Oh yes....do adopt a pet but from your hometown SPCA or animal shelter..too many critters are put down in Canada.

A lady had six dogs seized by Customs upon arrival at edmonton airport after a flight from Mexico a week or two ago The dogs are for resale and there is some paperwork that needs to be done before you head off to Mexico with intent to import and sell. At the time of the seizure one of the options was to send them back to Mexico...don't know how this turned out.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: volunteering

I'll bet my life they were little chihuhuas.

Poor little things.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: volunteering

Nothing gets me madder than animal abuse! Please act responsibly. Taking animals home to Canada creates more problems.

6. Re: volunteering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:17