We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Much To Update

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
So Much To Update

Was without internet for the last day and a half so I've updated a bit in posts but not overall. But we're back online!

Lost track of where I left off and, in the interest of full disclosure - I've had a little bit of wine tonight!

So let's start with last night. Totally fun, fun, fun. My husband had too much sun (it was a gorgeous day, as was today) so I headed out on my own. As you might have seen in other posts, I found Lucky B's -finally! Great Lobser Bisque as recommended. Also the staff were amazing. When I arrived there were only two other tables there but both were smoking. When I sat down I told them I had to be away from the smoke and picked the furthest corner. The next couple that arrived spoke in Spanish but it seemed that they asked for an ashstray and the staff said that they could not smoke near me. They said ok. What excellent service!!

Headed out in search of F.I.S.H. and trying to connect with snowbird. Got waylayed by the great sounds of ZAZ at Twisted Mamas. Then found some friends there that invited me to join them so stayed for a few drinks. Great time! Headed home with great intentions but walked by Social Cafe and Rob Lamonica and Lori were still playing - later than expected. Great! Stopped to say hi and listen to the great music.

Headed home again and ran into friends at Villa Italia so stayed for a couple of glasses of wine. Great time. What a great night!

Another great day again today. Changed my flight home so I have another week!! More posts coming!! Also got out to the Marina which I really didn't think would happen. But after Happy Hour at our friends place we all headed out to La Mona at the Marina. It was great! We ordered five different pizzas in our group but my family had an all meat one and then one with blue cheese, apples and nuts which was great! Leftovers for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a fun day. We have our 'restaurant crawl" planned. Gonna start at Suft's Up as recommended by mazfunme and even plan to meet each other! Then will hit The Last Drop for their happy hour between 3 and 5 pm. Then will go to Mr. Lionso's for dinner where they have 2 for 1 drinks after 5 pm - even wine!! Fun day!

1. Re: So Much To Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 03:51
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So Much To Update

SunSeeker, you lucky girl getting to stay one more week! I look forward to your posts detailing another week of fun and food!! Enjoy!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So Much To Update

Laura, I could be wrong but reading all your posts it seems you have more fun when not with hubby?? LOL

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
358 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So Much To Update

SunSeeker37

I have been following all of your posts and I have enjoyed them very much. It is fun to hear about all the restaurants and places of interest you have been to. We will be in Mazatlan mid February and as cold as it has been here in South Dakota this year we are ready to escape for awhile. One restaurant you have not commented on or been to as I recall is Ernie Tomatoes. We usually always eat there at least one time and we have always had great meals there. Have you ever tried it?

Sounds like you are extending your stay so I will enjoy reading about more of your adventures.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So Much To Update

I had to laugh when I woke up this morning and re-read my post. I guess after a few glasses of wine everything seems "good"! It was but I could have used a few more adjectives!!

Chuck - i think you're right! So my week alone should be ok. Let's not tell him!

Sodak - We went to Ernie's twice and loved it. I'm pretty sure I posted about both times but I thought the food was great.

I had to laugh yesterday though when a quickly read a post about things to do in Mazatlan and it included Museums etc. I laughed cuz you don't get tht kind of intellectual stuff in my posts - apparently I'm a one trick pony - just about the food! Oh well we can't be good at everything!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So Much To Update

Wonderful updates! I may have to stop reading, though, I get up and make snacks everytime I read one of your posts. Lol. 35 more sleeps, and getting things ready to pack. Gotta go hungry again!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So Much To Update

Getting ready to board my flight now!

8. Re: So Much To Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 03:51
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
358 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So Much To Update

Sorry-went back and re-read some of your posts and sure enough your satisfaction level at Ernie's was high. I am for sure going to try some of the other places you have dined at. Many sound like great places.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So Much To Update

Guess my wish came true....you get to stay an extra week and optimally we get 21 more restaurant reviews LOL! Happy for you Laura...all of Canada is feeling the wrath of Mother Nature so enjoy the sun and fun and have a margarita on us poor folk stuck in this frigid weather!