We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing sight on the Malecon

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing sight on the Malecon

OK....Now I HAVE seen it all. Driving home from a meeting with the Gold Zone business owners yesterday to discuss International Week 2014, in Los Pinos near the south end of the Malecon, I saw a guy with a leash walking...........A PIG. I am not making derogatory comments about someone's appearance here. It was a PIG. An actual 150 pound PIG on a leash! And no, I hadn't been drinking.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

So was it a lady pig....LOL

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

Yesterday a PIG! Today Porkchops.........

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

Falconroger- we will verify your story! We saw the guy walking the pig, too! My traveling companion Carrie actually has a pet miniature pig so it was especially endearing for her to see someone walking their pet pig.

We were riding in a pulmonia & almost asked to stop & turn around so we could pet the pig.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

As was posted on MazInfo his name is Polo Polo and he is a family pet. There was a recent article in Noreste about him. He also does tricks for dog treats ... will sit and jump up on the sea wall and walk along it. Met him a few times on the Malecon as he has been "hoofing it along".. Loves to be petted and friends have seen him frolicking in the waves down by Las Pino beach. One suggestion was he was here in the witness protection program for "squealing" on somebody. Ha! Ha!

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

Was he hogging the sidewalk?

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

This is the funniest, cutest thing I've read in a long time. Love it!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

I wanted to stop and pet him also, but since I had eaten bacon for breakfast, I decided it might be cruel and unusual punishment.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

Pigs have more intelligence than dogs. Cats look down on their human. Dogs look up to their human but Pigs consider their human to be equal to them . I came close to getting a potbellied pig but the bylaws here do not allow them as pets anymore.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 03:04
9. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 03:49
Edited: 29 March 2015, 03:49
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing sight on the Malecon

This tickles my funny bone!! I love it!!