We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
El Reno, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
39 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Ater not a single word from the Balboa we just received a letter from Torrenza Boutique indicating they now hold the Balboa Club contracts. Their web site appears to show an actual resort. So unless there is a compelling reason otherwise, (anyone?) looks like we'll be paying the annual dues ($747 US) and booking a room. Anyone with recent experience with this or the resort specifically? thanks!

West Olive, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

There is really a La Torrenza Boutique but there are 100's of owners (of whom we are) who purchased La Torrenza Towers which was never built in the Golden Zone. We are now being approached by a company supposedly called International Business Events that wants to rent our timeshare for $1800 per week with nothing due from us except we pay 5% after we receive the funds from them for the rental. I am still not believing this offer. The man involved is Walter Martinez and he is based at 777 Tower South Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA 90017. I cannot find anything on this company on the internet. Anyone have anything to add concerning this? I know previous owners at the building that is now La Torrenza had no rights after Torrenza took over.

J R
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

im going to Torrenza firsr week of july. I'll do some ghost recon to the place lol

Belfair, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Huh???

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

" I cannot find anything on this company on the internet." You now know everything you need to know about this company.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Why would anybody pay $1800 per week to rent from you when I can get into Torrenza Boutique through RCI almost any week of the year for under $500 ?

Run, run far, run fast, but run.

Unless of course you have a few extra $$ you want to be scammed out of.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 15:43
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Birdman......gotta love it!

Calgary, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Just got an email from Torrenza Boutique, guess from the previous posts this is also a scam

El Reno, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
39 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

In addition to several letters and a couple emails from them we also received two calls. OK< called them back. SAid they are the successor to the club and honor the contracts. No mention of annual dues. Asked about the 2 BR top suite. Sure, two weeks for 1400 usd. Said i'd get back with them but have not--yet How can this be a scam? Like we get there and they have no record? Or we check out then get hit with annual dues or worse?

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

Yes, Bark M, all possibilities.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Balboa Is Now Torrenza Boutique

How can this be a scam? Unfortunately in more ways than you can imagine. I haven't checked lately, but the last I heard, the Balboa was closed. So you COULD pay $1400 for a 2 bd. rm. in a nonexistent building. That is one possibility.