We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

I had to do a last minute switch from PVR to MAZ and didn't have a chance to review the hotel we were staying at prior to reservation. I have now read some recent reviews and it appears the hotel is very old and weathered. Might have a chance to switch to the Inn at Mazatlan would this be a wise choice? Also how is the location of both these hotels? Are restaurants and bars walking distance?

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

Both are great resorts. I love PBMaz! I have never stayed at the Inn but it's always been on my list. The Inn is more central in the Golden Zone but the location of PBMaz is still good. I wouldn't change your reservation. You'll have a great time! And TONS of great restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

Hello SunSeeker37 Do you have any idea about the newer and older sides of the Pueblo Bonito Maz? Is one side better then the other specifically as it pertains to the mattresses.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,104 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

My info is dated but the PB Maz was such a great experience for us. The staff is so helpful and friendly, it really made the trip. Yes, our room was a bit dated even back then, but the pool area and garden areas were not at all. There is a nice mix of restaurants close enough by, but it is also not in the busy and loud part of the Golden Zone. Beach was great, and the on-site food was super good by any measure. Cilantro is one of the coolest and most scenic places in maz to eat IMO.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

Joshua - we stayed on both sides and we actually enjoyed the older side better. The rooms we stayed in were equivalent and no difference between the mattresses. The view was better from our room on the older side because at night we could see the lights and the pool as opposed to just darkness overlooking the ocean. We could also access free wifi from our room on the older side as opposed to when we were on the new side we had to go down to the lobby to access the free wifi. I also enjoyed afternoons on the deck on the older side people watching, listening to the music and watching the activities because the old side has the activities pool whereas the new side has the quite pool. They are so close by though and it's not a real expansive resort so you can enjoy both pools and all areas. The beach is also huge and really great. At the Inn, there are no lounge chairs on the beach - if that is important to you.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

Thanks for your responses :).... I hope we will have fun we are traveling Feb 19th-25th so hoping it will be full of people from all over the world for the Carnival the following week. Have you been around this time of year and is there a decent amount of people?

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

There are many great people in Mazatlan right now and many great people from this forum travelling there this month. You will have a great time!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

The paper mache statues have already been in place for Carnaval so even if you are not here for Carnaval, get on the Sabalo Centro bus and go downtown and check out the Carnaval decorations.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

sorry, forgot to mention that the statues are on the malecon.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

You can't lose with either resort (PB Maz or the Inn) or with either section of PB Maz. One advantage of PB Maz is that all rooms have a kitchenette, which may be useful to you. Drinks are expensive and you can at least make a few drinks in your room with the kitchen facilities. SOME of the rooms at the Inn have kitchenettes, and all have refrigerators, so both places work. We regularly stay at these places and the advantage of the Inn is its location - more central and more restaurants very close. Some of the rooms at the Inn are also somewhat dated, although I think they would put you in the Azteca tower where the rooms are pretty new and very nice. All have great views.

Enjoy your trip!

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good or Bad Pueblo Bonito Maz

P.B. Maz. unless you like high rise hotels & small postage stamp size grounds.

Staying at P.B. Maz also gives you access to one of the nicest resorts in Mazatlan --- P.B. Emerald Bay

Edited: 07 February 2014, 23:58