We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi at Riu

Minnesota
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi at Riu

I know there is free 90 min of consecutive wifi in the lobby of the Riu per day. My husband is freaking out about being "unplugged" for a week (I say put down the darn phone) and is wondering whether the in room wifi is a good connection and I wanted to verify cost. I think it is $70 a week?

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi at Riu

I dont stay there but when I travel in the states for buisiness and I stay at a hotel where you have to pay for WiFi in your room its very good albiet expensive.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi at Riu

are they still doing the beach dinners?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi at Riu

Internet service is free of charge in the lobby for 90 minutes continuously. Internet service is available in the room for an extra charge ...... about $20 usd for 24 continuous hours.

email address - hotel.emeraldbay@riu.com

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi at Riu

geeeezus a dollar an hora almost!!! I dont think data plans are even that much.

Toronto
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi at Riu

I don't know about in the rooms but when we were there earlier this month the wifi in the lobby was not the greatest. We would get connection for a little bit (10 mins or so) and then it cuts off.

There was no dinner on the beach just a lunch BBQ.

Lacombe, AB
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi at Riu

I am here right now with 2 teenage daughters we need to be connected 24/7 and I have to say the free wifi in the lobby really sucks and is really super slow and keeps cutting out. But the in room wifi is really good , and will even work throuout the hotel and even on the beach close to the bars , I'm actually sitting in a lounger as I write this. It is 15$ per 24 hrs or 65 for the week , but is only good for 1 device , so you can't logout on your laptop and relog in on your iPhone so choose what device you are gonna use most. There is very good wifi at Roy's restaurant an mr. Lionsos which is a 12 min wAlk down the beach , great food, great service , great prices.

Cheers

John

Minnesota
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi at Riu

That is really helpful information! Thanks!

8. Re: Wifi at Riu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:15