We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan palace

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tm
Level Contributor
559 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mayan palace

can anyone tell me what the Mayan palace in mazatlan is like? What should we know before we go in November? What is the beach like?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan palace

The Mayan Palace is very nice there. Nice swimming pools & good service. The beach wasn't very good, meaning there was washed up octorpus's, jellyfish & garbage all over it. Not sure if anyone that works there cleans up the beach in front, You really had to watch where you walked. Also just like Mayan Palace in PV tons of hard core timeshare people. THE WORST. Fun places to go are Joe's Oyster Bar & Bora Bora & Valentinos. Not usre if you've been to Mazatlan yet or not. I'll check back I've been there several times.

PNW
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan palace

Actually there is no Mayan Palace in Mazatlan. There is the Vidafel/Sea Garden hotel which is owned by Mayan Palace. It is nice but equates to more of a " 3 star " hotel compared to Mayan Palace's " 5 star ". They are starting construction of a Grand Mayan tower on the property, but it is years away. I thought the beach was nice, you access it through a tunnel from the grounds of the resort. They have many palapa's for shade and there is a bar/snack bar with waiters right on the beach and they will come wait on you. When I was there, the problem was that the hurricane of a few years ago had washed out the sand, leaving more of a bedrock type beach. Hopefully the sand is being redeposited. I didn't see any problem with garbage or floating debri. The resort is located a couple of miles north of the Golden Zone and therefore several miles north of downtown. But the taxi's are fun open-air vehicles (converted Volkswagen Things, if you remember them) and are a lot of fun. You will need to ride them or the public bus into town. Have fun!

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan palace

Have been there four times, including once in November. Casual, friendly atmosphere and sales force can be avoided. Yes a 3 star property; take the "green" bus into town for a nominal fare - just ask at the front desk. Never had a problem with the beach and enjoy long walks on the beach. ENJOY!