We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport

Hotels are about 40 min. From airport. You get harassed mucho at airport with cheap taxi in exchange for timeshare presentation and cash offer. They are relentless and several stops along way out of airport. If you can say no and get out of the airport there is a taxi stand where you can purchase a reasonable priced taxi. These guys actually get nasty and aggressive so be prepared. Once you get to your hotel. Mazatlan is wonderful Enjoy.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport

I disagree with the your context.

Example: I can go thru the airport and 0 - 2 words of communication with the sales folks. In over 30 years and well over 300 trips (yes most Mexican Costal Airports have sales people waiting) I've never had any of them get nasty with me.

So....there must be more to your story or at least details you left out.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
306 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport

I always count on em to get a free ride to and from the airport...

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport

In all my years I have never seen one get nasty with anyone.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport

We came through on Saturday and it was a breeze to get a taxi. Thanks to folks from this Forum we found the new kiosk and went directly there. We did have some timeshare salespeople ask if we needed a taxi, but when we said no thank you they left us alone. No problem at all.

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
793 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport

Where is the kiosk located now?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport

We were approached by one of these guys when we arrived in Mazatlan. I know where the real taxi kiosk is so I just said no and that was it.

No one was nasty to me

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport

During airport renovations they have moved the taxi kiosk. When you exit the customs area and go through the door into the main terminal you now turn to your right and go right to the end of the hallway where you exit via the door there. The last thing before the door is the taxi kiosk. The table right before the kiosk is timeshare salesmen.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport

I find Mazatlan airport very easy and friendly - never any problems. My 20 year old enjoyed the same experience going threw the airport by himself less than 2 weeks ago. Sorry about your experience.

9. Re: Taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:16