We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Day 13

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Day 13

Wednesday - Not much going on today. We looked at several apartments in El Centro in the hopes we'll be back for 3 months in Jan. It all depends if I can get a leave of absence from my job or not. Since DH is retiring this month someone has to bring home the bacon.

In between apartment looking, we kept going back to Puerto Viejo. We'll miss Luis and Antonio.

Finally got our fried chicken at La Copita - I think they saved some for us since there was a group of ladies that were told there was no more chicken. Very nice family - we'll be back again. Will also miss the raspados they make.

The weather has cooled down this evening - enjoying the nightlife from our veranda. Maybe Stone Island tomorrow...more to come...

1. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 18:38
Bagley, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

I enjoy siting on the deck in the evening drinking a pacifico listening to the waves come in. Hope you are enjoying your last few days I always hate having my vacation come to an end, but I guess we do have to come back to make some money to be able to do it all over again. Enjoy your stay life is short.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

Where is la copita?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

La Copita is located on the corner of Belasario Dominguez and Luis Zuniga - Luis Zuniga is located between Zaragosa and Dominguez. Most of the pulmonia drivers are familiar with La Copita Cenaduria. If you're familiar with Dunia near the Shrimp Ladies, just look up the hill from the Shrimp Ladies about 3 blocks and you'll see La Copita. No English spoken there, limited menu but again the fried chicken is delicious along with a raspado - rosa leche. Enjoy!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

Thank you, now I can see it in my mind. Will try the chicken in Nov.

6. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 18:35
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

Is that where they bbq the chicken outside the front of the restaurant?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

No...this is a little restaurant - very clean. Open 6-11 pm....I would probably call ahead if you can to make sure they have the fried chicken...it seemed the mother was picky who she cooked it for I think....even though it's on the menu board. Definitely order a rosa raspado to go with your meal...you won't regret it!

9. Re: Trip Report - Day 13

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17