We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball games

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
473 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Baseball games

We are going to mazatlan in Feb..third week..staying at the Playa this is our second trip the first was only 3 nites this time 7 so when is the baseball season? Also a good place for live mexican entertainment, husband is fluent spanish, also a musician so a place with a local band he can sit in with.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball games

I'm not certain, but I think the baseball season is over in late January. If so, you'll just miss the fun.

Just checked the calender on the Venados' official web site. Their last game of the season is here in Mazatlan against Obregon on December 30. Playoffs will be in January, and the winner will go to the Caribbean World Series in February.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball games

sandiw,

I was there last Feb. and spent 4 nights and agree it was way to short. I'm coming back for 8 nights next month over Xmas.

The Venados schedule listed on the Pacific Pearl is very confusing, as it looks like the road games at home. Their official site is much clearer (with a nominal understanding of Spanish) and verifiys Mazexp's post. Last homestand is Dec. 28-30. I am really looking forward to seeing a game this time.

For the locals: Do the bars, restaurants, shops close Xmas eve and Xmas day or do they normally all stay open. I would expect the ex-pat owned places to be open, but what about the city in general?

Thanks, Tortoise

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball games

Tortoise, You'll find all the regular tourist places, shops, bars, restaurants, etc., open both Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, although some may close early Xmas Eve. Most shops, except in the tourist zone, will be closed Xmas Day.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball games

Right, the regular season ends on Dec.30, but it looks like Mazaltan will be in the play-offs Thats about all the good news. The bad news is the playoffs are over in January. Sorry...

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
473 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball games

Guess we'll miss the baseball games.. do you know of any niteclubs with locan live entertainment..last year we went to mr tony's ..had lots of fun but maybe somewhere else?

6. Re: Baseball games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 01:18