We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night Stay?

Madison Lake...
Level Contributor
245 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
One Night Stay?

We are going to be in Maz for 2 weeks in January staying at the Luna Palace, However, we are coming a day early, We are budget travelers could anyone give us a hotel near the Luna for cheap for one night? If there is any Maz experts, there are 3 hotels across the street in that area, Blue Pacific Inn, Bungalow Mar Sol and Posadala Mislon, I assume these are budget hotels due to I can not find them online. Does anyone know of these hotels and how I can check a rate or make a reservation?

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night Stay?

They are all budget places. My suggestion is a night at Captain Mo's Posada. A B & B with class and home comfort. From my book:

Bungalows Mar-Sol: Is located in the Golden Zone on Camarón Sábalo, across the street from the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlán. They have clean, quiet, comfortable rooms with a beautiful common area and a friendly staff. They have daily, weekly and monthly rates. Daily rates for a room for two people are from $52 U.S. to a suite for three people, $60 U.S. You can telephone them at 914-0108, or email them at bungalowsmar_sol@hotmail.com, or visit their website at www.mazinfo.com/mar-sol where you can also make online reservations.

Cheaper

La Siesta Hotel: The hotel is located next to the Shrimp Bucket restaurant in Olas Altas. The ocean view is terrific from the rooms on the west side. There is not much of a beach for swimming, but it is close to many historical sites, and old-time cafes. From the view rooms in the hotel you can watch the surfers and the beautiful sunsets. It is in the center of the Carnaval celebration site, so if you like partying, be sure and get reservations six months in advance. You can get a double for about $40 U.S. most of the year. The telephone number is 981-2640.

Hotel DeCima: Across the street from the beach, at Av. del Mar # 48. Rooms are $30 U.S. double and have two beds. Some rooms surround the pool, while others face the beach. There is AC, cable TV, parking, and a restaurant and bar on-site. They can be contacted at 982-7400.

Hotel Del Sol: This hotel is across the street from the beach on Av. Del Mar. Reservations can be made by calling 985-1103. A double is $45 U.S. and with kitchenette, $55 U.S. Each room has AC and cable TV. There is a pool, private parking, sun deck, video room, and travel agency on premises. Prices are considerably lower from Easter to November.

Hotel Lerma: It is known as a backpacker hotel and rates for the basic rooms are $10 U.S. double, year round. It is located on Simon Bolivar between Aquilles Serdan & Juarez, in El Centro district of old town, about two blocks from the beach and four blocks from the Central Market. It has secure parking, but no pets are allowed. It is managed by the owner and his son, Carlos Lerma, who speaks English.

Bed and Breakfast

I

Captain Moe’s Posada: Owned and operated by my friends, Dorothy and Moe Faith, this B&B is located in the Gaviotas neighborhood, in the Golden Zone, and close to the beach. It has a beautiful tropical courtyard with the sounds of active birds. It has private bathrooms, a refrigerator in each room, and a courtyard kitchen for the exclusive use of guests. Both Dorothy and Moe have that special gift of making people feel at home. Rates are $50 U.S. from Nov-April, and $35 U.S. from May-October. Email them at moe&doe@mzt.megared.net.mx, or telephone them at 914-3319. You can visit their website at http://www.captmoe.com.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night Stay?

Great info Mazexp! I will add to the Capt. Moe plug as we stayed last winter for a week and not only are you made to feel at home but they are full of local info so it would be a great place to start the journey! Best to get a hold of them soon as they are popular!!!

Madison Lake...
Level Contributor
245 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night Stay?

I just spoke with Capt Moe's B & B and made our reservation for one night (wishing it was more). Just to let you know Mazexp, they have changed their email address, it is: moeanddorothy@yahoo.com and they have a toll free phone: 866-252-6364!!! Everything was on their website: www.captmoe.com.

Thanks for the info!! The reviews on this place sound great and talking with them on the phone made you feel that you already knew them!!

G

Calgary
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night Stay?

One cheap night? One night stand - what kind of board do you thiink this is!!!!

Oooops, sorry, you mean one night's stay

lol - its fun!!

just kidding around

gkgs

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night Stay?

Glad you made contact and thanks for the update info. I have already posted it for my book update next year. You will really like Dorothy and Moe.

6. Re: One Night Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan