We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

1 post
Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

What is the best way to go to Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport?

17 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
51,348 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

Taxi is the easiest. Bus or shuttle service is possible.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
436 posts
2. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

We would bus or taxi to the main bus terminal and from there catch a bus to Guayabitos.

PEI, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

In February/16..we used Jaltemba Transport...gilbertours@hotmail.com. Rate from airport to Guayabitos was 1000 pesos...took at least a full hour.

We also checked into going to the Central Camionera (central terminal)...35-45 min bet busses. You could take a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal...then again from the drop off in Guayabitos to your hotel.

We took the private transfer to Guayabitos...then the Pacifico Bus on our return to PV.

PEI, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

Prices from Feb/16 for going by bus:

Taxi airport to bus station is 80 pesos

Pacifico bus runs 35-45 min bet busses. Fancy buses (less stops) run further apart. Around 120 pesos..

Taxi from La Penita to Rincon 30-35 pesos.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

I Take My Arthritis for a Bus Ride in Puerto Vallarta

Winter on Vancouver Island in British Columbia Canada. Cold and damp. I keep looking down at my feet to see if my feet are webbed yet.

While BC is supposed to be the warmest place in Canada, my cold fingers seem to think they're in northern Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories.

I need a coat of Mongolian cashmere to fend off the cold. Maybe a cup of hot yak's milk will keep my fingers from freezing.

I long for something that feels like a warm massage. 10 days in Puerto Vallarta sounds like the answer.

Puerto Vallarta at last.

When I have dinner on vacation, hamburgers won't cut it. I like to eat fancy. A trip to Daiquiri Dick's in town will do the trick.

One of my sisters in law has a husband who refuses to eat anything but meat and potatoes. If she cooks something fancy, he refuses to eat it. A gastronomic philistine who pours ketchup on everything I suggested she clamp him in a pillory for a few hours. If that doesn't work, she should shoot him and put him out of his misery.

Cheap eats in Puerto Vallarta is not one of my vices.

A part of me thinks, with arthritis in my back, left hip and knee, I should take a cab. But the scrooge in me prevails and I opt for the bus.

Of course, there's a price to be paid for saving a few pesos. Enter the Puerto Vallarta bus driver.

Still skeptical at the first few bumps, , I quickly became convinced the driver was an escapee from the Calgary Stampede chuck wagon race. A true sadist to us hapless passengers. Does he slow down when he approaches a slower bus? Not a chance. He careens by impatiently missing the interloper within inches.

I considered injecting the driver with a tranquilizer dart, but then who would drive the bus, and how would I get to Daiquiri Dick's?

Accompanying music wouldn't be a Mexican serenade. Not on your life! More appropriate would be a shake, rattle and roll rendition from Little Richard or Jerry Lee Lewis.

After the 5th bounce inches off my seat, I remembered that I shouldn't have chosen a seat in the back of the bus. Someone on the TripaAdvisor forum had advised against that.

Secretly, though, I have to admire the driver's ability to find the most punishing cobbles as he proceeds at breakneck speed.

A bus ride in Puerto Vallarta CAN be entertaining, though. All kinds of characters on board. The middle aged American women staggering under the weight of their earrings. Or the hippie with the scraggly beard and ponytail. And then there are those young girls with their short skirts and those lovely brown legs.

I get off the bus feeling like I will never ride one again. I could use a walker, but that won't work on those crazy cobblestones.

Thinking of the bus ride, I look on the bright side: I probably lost a few pounds from all the jostling and bumping.

My mind focuses on my reward: A glorious meal of perch filet, accompanied by a glorious sunset at the beach.

After dinner I waddle back to the bus stop for the ride back to the marina. Life is good.

Hot yak milk, anyone?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
205 reviews
6. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

Delightful report, Billy. I may have been at least one of the ones who advised you to not sit in the back of the bus. Learned that one the hard way years ago, so try to avoid it if possible.

Would you be able to move your very readable post over to your own Trip Report thread? This thread is a year old and it's on a different subject. Wouldn't want people to miss it (with a title similar to "Bus Adventures......" rather than this one about how to get to Guayabitos from the Airport.

Thanks for sharing your adventure! I'd move it myself (with your permission, of course) but my new computer has refused to allow me to cut-and-paste, on every browser I've tried. It would be best if you did it though, so that your name (and a title of your choosing) can be on the thread itself.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

Billyp you are hilarious! A joy to read your dissertation :-)

Someone clue me in. If you leave the airport and head south to the bus stn to get a bus to Guayabitos, won't it go past the airport on it's way north? Could one not cross over the bridge and wait for that bus to come by and then hop on? Is it really necessary to go down to the bus terminal and then come back north? Thanks, I'm thinking of a trip to Los Ayala for next winter.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
205 reviews
8. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

Yes, you can hop on a bus across the bridge (if you have virtually no luggage ---- some have space, some don't) but would you then be going to the bus station?

The Central Camionera is not south of the airport. it's East toward the north. When you leave the Central Camionera, the bus turns right on Highway 200 and proceeds north. So, you're not doubling back.

Also, if you take the bus from across the pedestrian bridge, it will let you off at the Corona warehouse on 200. You will still have a nice healthy walk, to get inland to the bus station. We always take a cab. Much less trouble and they deliver you right to the curb, in front of the doors to the station.

The other thing you could do, to get to the bus station from the airport, is take the Mojoneras bus but I waited an hour for one once, Cab is better.

Edited: 12 November 2017, 02:12
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

Thanks for the reply. We travel only with a backpack and take the bus wherever we go, so that's why I was asking about buses. So you were not talking about the bus stn. by Walmart? That's where we got the bus to Lo de Marcos but we started down in Centro and changed at Walmart. This next trip we'd be hopping a bus on arrival at the airport, not heading into town.

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
205 reviews
10. Re: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport

For funky: No, the buses at WalMart are not a "bus station" or terminal. Those are paradas. Bus shelters. Transfer points.

The Central Camionera in Puerto Vallarta is Northeast from the airport and is a very large building, with buses going all over Mexico.

In all the times I've been back-and-forth to it, I took a taxi to it from Comfort Inn (65 pesos), Mojoneras bus from WalMart to it (7.5 pesos but you wait forever but it does drop you off at the door) ---- and back to the airport, 85 pesos). This is fairly recent.

That is where you need to go to get to Rincon de Guayabitos. We're doing it in a few days. We take Pacifico. The place to get off is actually La Penita. 138 pesos the last time I did it (may have gone up since --- this was 2 years ago). Catch a cab from there. Cheap. Can't remember the amount, but cheap.

Here is a map to get to the Central Camionera. Personally, I'd take a cab from the airport as any bus would drop you off on Highway 200 and then you have to trek in, so that takes extra time.

We also are looking forward to spending time in Guayabitos, so have a good trip.

www.vallartainfo.com/marina-vallarta-map

Reply to: Guayabitos from Puerto Vallarta Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted