We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
282 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Hi...anyone stayed here before?

I'm interested in this hotel - looks great.

Just trying to figure out which room category we'd want. We definitely want one with a jacuzzi on the balcony - am I correct that only the Master Suites or Honeymoon suites have these?

Do we need to do all inclusive? We really like to venture out and try local restaurants - are there enough nearby? How do you get around the area - are there taxis?

Is breakfast at the hotel expensive if you are not on a meal plan?

Thanks for the help!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

While I haven't been to the Premiere in a couple of years, I can answer a few of your questions very generally. Those that have been there recently (and more often) can provide details.

I do know that the categories of rooms have changed since we stayed there so I will not speak on that issue.

It is not necessary to do all inclusive and I strongly recommend against it. You are in a great location - walking distance to town with so many restaurants and shops. And if you venture a bit further, or just need a break from walking, taxis are everywhere and easy to come by. Busses are an even cheaper (and more adventurous) mode of transportation. We walked everywhere in town, including to the south side across the bridge several times.

We did have breakfast at the Premiere, and the food at the hotel is very good. The outdoor restaurant, La Ceiba is by the pool and overlooks the bay. A harpist accompanies your breakfast meals. I really loved their exotic (smoothie) juices. Again, it's been a couple of years, and I really didn't pay much attention to the cost of breakfast at that time. We also ventured out a few times in the morning (when I could get my hubby to take the walk) to the south side to two of the most popular breakfast places - Fredy's Tucan and Memo's Pancake House. Both are on Basilo Badillo.

Hope that helps a little. The Villa Premiere is a good choice.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Villa Premiere would be a great choice!

Walking distance to everything and I totally agree with BusterBear about not doing all-inclusive....too many wonderful restaurants in PV and so many within walking distance to Villa Premiere. If you don't want to walk - taxis and buses are also available right outside the hotel.

Many threads started about restaurants but if you would like to let us know what kind of foods you like, we could assist you with that too.

Enjoy your trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
282 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Thank you both for the quick responses....they are a huge help!

Glad to hear there are lots of restaurants in walking distance....we love to walk and adventure out a bit so that is great!

We've done Mexico several times before but never PV so we are excited to check it out.

If someone else knows more about the room categories that would be great! And this may be a silly question but there is a honeymoon suite....can anyone book that category or do you really have to be honeymooners? I only ask b/c I know some hotels would ask for a marriage certif. to show you were recently married....but that's really for a honeymoon package - I don't ever think I've seen a room category just for honeymooners before! The trip is for my husband and my 1st anniv so I guess that's still considered honeymooners - sort of!

Also do you all book directly online or thru a travel agent? What is the best way? I just heard about this great site called Luxury Link and they have fabulous prices for this hotel on there.

Oh and how do you get from the airport to the hotel? Is just a taxi ok?

Thanks again! Appreciate all the help!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

My wife and I stayed at the Premiere for our honeymoon, and we are returning for our anniversary in March.

For the room categories, they have changed since I've been there, but here is what I know. Last time we split our time between the Premiere and the Master Suite. The Master suites are spectacular and if you have abundant resources they are worth it. They have hottubs on the balcony and in the bathroom. They have went up in price quite a bit in the last couple years though (basically doubled). The other rooms with a spa on the balcony is the Honeymoon suite. Here is my take, this is basically a standard hotel room with a huge balcony with a hottub ... on our previous visit we spent the first night in what is currently a premiere room (much larger room w/sitting area, 2 person jaccuzzi tub in bathroom) and they were going to move us the 2nd night. Upon seeing the room with the hottub on the balcony, we opted for the much larger room, and felt the balcony wouldn't provide a high enough level of privacy to make it worth the smaller room.

As for the All-Inclusive, I did the first time, and while everything at the resort is great, we are not doing the AI this time. Basically, there are too many GREAT restaurants in town we want to hit, and while we do like a few drinks by the pool, etc. they aren't so expensive/we won't pound all day that it would be worth the AI. Once again, on our first trip it was about $35/pp/pd on special for AI so it was a no brainer, however at $100/pp/pd it makes much more sense to enjoy the restaurants in town for dinner.

Breakfast is great and reasonable. This time we just booked the Premiere Spa package through the hotels website ... this includes a Premiere room, 4 massages (for the wife while I sneak out to golf) and breakfast for two daily for about $340/day. Too me this is by far the best deal they have.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

I just looked on luxury link as well, since I use that sight and had never seen them listed before. Anyway, unless they have a buy now or bid now special I'm missing, the prices on the website for the above mentioned package are less because the website lists it inclusive of taxes while Luxury Link does not.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
282 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Thanks for the help.

I wasn't looking at any packages - just room only and luxury link was less for the master suite than the hotel's website listed for the time we would be going.

I've never booked thru luxury link before - are they legit?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

I have heard good things about Luxury Link, I also think bookit.com has some good deals on rooms only at the Premiere. A master suite is definitely worth it, and I their website indicates they have recently added 42-inch plasma's to the rooms.

canada,calgary
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Hi there. My husband and I just returned from Villa a week ago. Definatley book a Honeymoon suite or the Master Suite. I would say fir the 100.00 more a night book the Master Suite. We had the Honeymoon suite and they are wonderful, but had we known the Master Suite was only 100.00 more we would have upgraded. We went on a tour of one the last day and the Master Suite is INCREDIBLE. Now the Hotel itself, is clean, quite, and has IMPECIBLE service. If you are looking for a party hotel this is not the place. I have to admit when we first walked in the lobby , we were a little concerned because it has an older cliental, We are in our mid thirties, and left 4 kids behind, so we were looking for some night life. That being said, downtown is a walk away and we had a blast there. Then the following days we could relax in a quite atmosphere, which we appreciated very much after a long night out. We did not do the all inclusive as we are people who want to experience different restaurants. So thats up to you. If you are staying at the hotel then do the all inclusive it will be worth it , They have a great menu and great food. Service at the hotel is the best I have experienced and we will definatley be going back again some day. Just a note if you want a great restaurant that is fun and has great food go to PIPI'S.. Its amazing !! Hope this helps....

canada,calgary
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

Oh and NO you dont have to be honeymooners... and yes the taxi is the way to go when you arrive at the airport. Just stay away from the first set of people who will try to get you to take a taxi with them, they are time share seekers. Walk past them and get to the airport entrance and get a cab there. Taxis are generally about 40 pesos so its pretty cheap to get around... Breakfasts are great and good price but you have to go to FREDDY TOUCANS take a cab there for one breakfast its a must !!! Have fun,,,

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa

The dinning in PV is exceptional ... you can use the search function to get many recommendations, but here are a few we enjoyed last time that we can't wait to get back to.

Cafe Des Artistes - One of the best restaurants in the world, while it is pricey by PV standards, it would easily cost double in Chicago if not more.

Trio - Great restaurant where you can eat on the balcony ... they now have a sister restaurant Vitea we are looking to try.

El Panaroma - good food, great view

many more as well, easy taxi ride. I will say the hotel has a wonderful Shrimp bisque (I think they call it creme duot) that I loved, I will have that and a drink for an appetizer as the sun sets and then off to dinner.