We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BELLEVILLE, IL
4 posts
Save Topic
Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

I am wondering if anyone has any information on this. My wife and I are meeting some friends at the Riu hotel on Sunday, and they emailed us last night saying people were talking about an accident that occured on Canopy Los Veranos. They wrote to us saying that 2 people died on the tour 2 or 3 days ago. A problem with one of the final lines. Does anyone know anything about this???? We as a group have reservations to go this coming Tuesday morning and now I am a definitely concerned about the safety of all of us!! Please help!!

1. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2007, 20:30
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

What sad news! My thoughts and prayers to all ............ my heart just broke reading this.

3. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2007, 20:31
4. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

Removed on: 01 March 2007, 20:31
Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

We have already booked and paid for this tour in 1 month, can we and should we cancel?

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

The fact is that one older man had a heart attack at the end of the tour on the final platform. There are no problems with the lines or the safety of the operation. The so called coroner is not sending bodies anywhere and this false information shines light on the reckless and inaccurate kind of witch hunts appearing on this forum with no regard to facts. I question the motivation of these kinds of postings that take advantage of unfortunate circumstances to trash talk tours and tour vendors. It is not uncommon for people with heart conditions to experience problems and even heart attacks while on vacation. The canopy tour at Los Veranos has a stellar safety record and it would be a shame if people cancel their tours based on flat out lies. Speculation is that a competing canopy operation is behind this perpetuation of mis information for monetary gains and this posting by a so called coroner is nothing but a cruel joke.

7. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

Removed on: 01 March 2007, 21:16
Who's asking?
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

I highly doubt that the PV coronor would be posting such details.

Don't cancel your plans...the accident wasn't due to negligence.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

So just one person died from a heart attack and not faulty lines?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accident on Canopy Los Veranos????

Oh Boy! I go away one day and look what happens. PVCoroner is at best a fool or just full of that brown stuff that don't smell good.

Nobody has ever fallen off a canopy wire at Los Veranos.

This poster is probably in Mazatlan and is insanely jealous of those of us in PV. Poor guy, if you're reading this, Please stay there, we don't need people like you.

Yes a guy had a heart attack, could have happened anywhere (Mazatlan), it's very sad and my commiseration to the family.

To the OP, don't know who those people were saying that, but it's totally untrue.

I just got back from a wedding in Yelapa.