We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rancho bandaras annuity?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saginaw, mi
1 post
Save Topic
rancho bandaras annuity?

I am a charter member at RB, and I don't remember anything about an annuity that people are talking about on this forum. Can anybody help me?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

sounds like there are many issues that need to be discussed regarding Rancho Banderas. Might I suggest that you create an online community on Yahoo to discuss these issues since this is a travel forum and your discussions will get buried each day with other strings. I suspect at some point Trip Advisor will move these discussions off this board and then your strings will be halted. Just a suggestion.

Salt Lake City Utah
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

I concur with Mersol. Seems like this is getting to be beat up on RB forum with so many posts about this vs actual travel topics for those of us that do not own or have a gripe with RB

Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

RHbooks: What people are up in arms about is the annual assessement fees every one pays based on the number of points you "own". Acording to the "Rules and Regulations" these fees are not supposed to be increased more than 15% each year, unless there is a Special Assessment submitted to the members for approval. For 2007, the fees were increased over 100%, in my case from 396.60 plus 66.91 VAT to 854.40! No notice of special assessment was ever submitted to any member and lots of people are refusing to pay. Repeated efforts to find out more from the accounts administrator,(Leanne Tucker) have been ignored. Where are you located, I'm in Missouri, and we are trying to form a "group" of owners to raise funds to retain a Lawyer in Canada to represent us in this dispute? Would you be interested in joining the effort? My e-mail is obrbill@gmail.com. Sincerely, William O'Brien

chicago
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

RHbooks i bought into rb in 2002 and we are also "charter members?" what that means is 20% off in the over price restaurant. the annuity was a hook the sales people used to close the deal. the pitch was in 5 years you would get all your money back. in a perfect world at the end of every month rb would deposit with the annuity company in floriday a percentage of their sales. in 5 years, those who bought in that month could request payment of the annuity. payment in full would depend upon the number of people requesting payment. in reality rb didnot make payments as stated. the florida company disapeared. rb stated this is not their problem. complaints have been filed with the attorney general of florida. of the 100 or so owners i am aware of, only 1 received monies from the annuity of around $600. there are other sites including yahoo regarding actions undway to address the increase. this site is used to help get the word out. interesting there are so many people on this site that need to address every thread, even though they have no vested interest, but need to comment anyway.

Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

We too were surprised at the new yearly maintenance fees. Is there a sight for all of us to get together on? I am new to the internet so may need some help. Will support whatever it takes to get info on the situation however do we have to spend more money to get help? Can they increase the fees this much. I changed my stay and exchanged. The last time we were at R. B> the couch was so worn it was not able to seat anyone,so we have been exchanging.

Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

What is the problem? Noone replied? Yet all are concerned? Am I doing something wrong? Please reply or dont, complain. Isn't this suppose to help one another? Well??? Anyone listening?? I am so tired of people complaining but doint nothing in a one on one situation. I thought our generation had more dignity and honesty. If not I will forget this wonderful gift we have been given with communication with so many individuals from all over. Just a little old me trying to see why this form of communication is better than personal one on one , eye to eye!!! Any response from anyone??

Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

What is the problem? Noone replied? Yet all are concerned? Am I doing something wrong? Please reply or dont, complain. Isn't this suppose to help one another? Well??? Anyone listening?? I am so tired of people complaining but doint nothing in a one on one situation. I thought our generation had more dignity and honesty. If not I will forget this wonderful gift we have been given with communication with so many individuals from all over. Just a little old me trying to see why this form of communication is better than personal one on one , eye to eye!!! Any response from anyone??

Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

I'm sorry . I thought this was Rancho Banderos, Mexico. Soo --- sorry. sorny. If anyone has any infor regarding our fees doubling this year please respond. I am so sorry. I am new to this all. I am an old chicken

trying to be a yong hen!!

Kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

did you ever get a response--I posted in July and just got a response from someone last week---appearently people visit this like I do --hardly ever. evidently there are people banding together to correct the increase in assessment fees. Have you heard anything? I can certainly understand the inability to feel comfortable with the internet!!! let me know!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: rancho bandaras annuity?

If you put "Rancho Banderas" into the search feature you're going to find a lot of the information you are both looking for, including who to contact about the ongoing "issues".