We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go to get the best guacamole?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go to get the best guacamole?

Put your votes in for the BEST GUAC. in PV!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,989 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

Loads of places... Because the avacados are so delicious there (even at the grocery store) it's not too hard to do :-)

Cafe de Olla is one place I'd recommend. They don't make a show of it (doing it table-side like some restaurants do) but if you notice in the open kitchen, they're makin' it up fresh all day long.

~suze

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

For us, our favourite over the years, would have to be what's prepared and served up at 'Meson de Calderone' - a small, Mexican restaurant located in El Centro, on Augustin Rodriguez #177 (that's a couple+ blocks south of the Plaza, between Morelos and Jauarez Streets).

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

I have just been reading posts about Meson de Calderone the past few days, it is on our list to try, Thanks, Johnny

Salem, OR
Level Contributor
249 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

you know suze you made me think! besides avocados, what other produce is 'always good' to buy in this region?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

"... what other produce is 'always good' to buy in this region?"

Good topic ... but the subject matter for another thread ... is it not?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

I just made some chilaquiles for dinner...now I wish that I had some guacamole to go with it! Can't wait to go to PV and stuff myself silly with it breakfast, lunch, & dinner! (And anytime in between)

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,989 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

glenandjudy- watermelon, cantelope, pineapple, guava, papaya, bananas, and avacado ;-) suze

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

I've read from several people that PiPi's has great guac and HUGE drinks. We will probably be visiting this place for sure!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

We just got back from PV and we loved the guacamole at Pipi's. They will make it as spicy as you like. We ordered regular margaritas so they were not huge but they were pretty good.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,948 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go to get the best guacamole?

Local good produce - mangos of course!

Hard to put in a vote for best guac...I haven't had any bad guac in 8+ years of trips, it's all been pretty good, even at the cheap n' cheesy places. I've even enjoyed the stuff at Pipis (which is a really touristy place, and I mean REALLY touristy and REALLY not my style).

So my vote for where to get the best guac? I guess my generic answer will have to be "in Vallarta, of course!" LOL