We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,908 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Bundled air fare and hotel packages sometimes save you money booking cheap flights and the lowest priced hotel at the same time -- we've never done it but had friends that did it last year on a last minute trip and saved over $200.

45 replies to this topic
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Your subject and your post dont seem to go together. How does one relate to the other? Or am I missing something?

You ask if anyone ever not showed up at a hotel then talk about bundling air and hotel to save money.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

I get it. When we only came for two weeks, we could get a package to the RDC in Bucerias for less than airfare would cost to our own condo (years ago mind you). We often considered it, but never did it. We figured we’d stay at our own condo in Bucerias, but spend a few daytimes there as all inclusive. I’m sure it was done back when pkgs were cheap.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

This was years ago so I don't know - things may be different now but when I looked into buying a package and just not showing up at the hotel I was told that the tour operator would cancel my return.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Alberta-traveler, that's exactly what we did once at the RDC in Bucerias. Grabbed a cheap flight and hotel package, checked in and then spent our time at our condo. We went back on a few occasions for a drink.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Fred, that's why we decided to check in.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

AHA! So, if you can find a cheap air and hotel deal, take it, and then dont go to the hotel, go somewhere else instead. Yeah if you are going to do that it sounds like you better check in before going to a preferred place.

7. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2017, 01:16

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Neil, I'd like to say it's because Canadians are smart and inventive but I think it's because our dollar isn't worth much and flights are usually long and expensive.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

About 15 years ago, two friends met me in PV. They booked through Expedia I think. They bundled with Emperador. Never set foot in the hotel, and they had no departure issues. But that was 15 years ago...

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?

Well it didnt occur to this Canadian to try that. I see why people would, because they can save some money. I dont book air and hotel together anyway as I dont want to go to a resort, I like to pick my own hotel in a small town, generally a family run place.

Reply to: have you guys ever not showed up at a hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted