We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

I’ll be looking for a place to spend last 2 weeks in March. Prefer small quiet venues with charm in walking distance of Malecón and art scene. Also love the beach and good restaurants. All recommendations welcome.

Thanks!

45 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

I have enjoyed staying at Hotel Rio Malecon several times. A quiet, small low-rise hotel with excellent front desk staff, directly across the street from the Malecon and an easy walk to Romantic zone, but away from the noise of that area. Can walk to many galleries from there as well, The rooms are small but clean. There is a nice restaurant just off the lobby, Co Exist Bistro, with a nice outdoor seating area around the small pool. Many nice restaurants a short walk away, including River Cafe ,a nice ,quiet secluded restaurant on the river. Your room will not have a view here, if that''s important to you, but I loved waking up every morning, walking across the street to the Malecon and having a walk along the ocean.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
75 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

Anywhere in Centro or Old Town will be the most fun, in my opinion. That way you are within walking distance to anything and everything you could possibly want. Old Town definitely provides a bit more personality and flair. Either way you can't go wrong!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,504 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

You didn't mention price so I'll assume we shouldn't get carried away.

There are lots of places to stay that are small, but combined with charm brings to mind Casa Dona Susanna adult only with a pool and one block from the beach, and Hotel Yasmin - only a small dipping pool and one block from the beach. Also Hotel Posada de Roger with pool and a couple blocks from the beach.

If 5 minutes by taxi (although you can walk) from the beach is OK, and you have a little pocket change but not way way expensive, you might check out Casa Isabel. Very small, tropical Mexican charm, pool, bar, restaurant, dramatic views, and on a hill (thus the view) - but you can walk down and taxi up across the 2 lane highway.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

Well, if you can afford to live in NYC I'm guessing you aren't looking for budget accommodations. So, I'd recommend one of the lovely Southside B&Bs - Rivera del Rio, Garlands del Rio, Quinta Maria Coretz, Casa Isabel, Casa Karma.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 21:39
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

Have you considered a one bedroom condo near the beach in Zona Romantica? Rivera Molino, Posada Rio Cuale, The Park, Selva Romantica, and the Pinnacle properties all offer one bedroom condos that are close to the Malecon, restaurants, and shops. All have pools. The Pinnacle properties each have a bar on site.

The first three in the list above are on flat land for easy walking, if that's a consideration.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

In November, we're booked at both Garlands del Rio and Hotel Rio. I'm also over 60, from Los Angeles. I'll let you know what I think.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,846 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

I like to stay in an apartment. If interested in that look at: Selva Romantica, PlazaMar, or El Escondido.

For a boutique hotel beachfront: Quinta Maria Cortez.

If you want new construction and swanky look at one of the Pinnacle or "V" properties.

Something "more Mexican" and less expensive look at Los Cuatro Vientos, Hotel Rosita, or Posada Roger.

denver, colorado
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

My cousin, a single female in her 60's, will be staying at Hotel522 in January. It is located a couple blocks from the Malecon and has great reviews. Check out their website: http://hotel522.com/

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,504 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

Condos have been recommended, however March can be tricky since it's high season and many will have already been taken. If you decide to look, I would contact PVRPV since they are local and they will be able to quickly tell you what might be left for March. It's possible though, that you might be able to get into one of the new condo buildings since there are probably new listings for them.

http://www.pvrpv.com/

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer

Whatever you choose I would book now. March will be busy- especially the last 2 weeks- spring break. For when I go in March, I would have booked a few months ago. Good luck! Book now.

Reply to: Best place to stay for single woman, over 60 but hip NYer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted