We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

Greetings all. Going to be in town in about two weeks (starting November 4th). Other than Los Muertos street party that night, I am looking for the venues in that general area, possibly Centro too, that you recommend for a relaxed night of musical entertainment and light drinking. You know the kind......a toe tapping combo, trio, rock, blues, country. Something an older (ouch, that hurts) 60 year old couple would enjoy for an evening out. Dancing not needed. I see CyC has a combo sometimes via webcam, and I guess I am looking for that vibe. A lively crowd would not hurt also in some venues. I am not a newbie in PV, but this is something we do not usually do on our trips. So, name your suggestions please. Thanks in advance. Ready, go..........

12 replies to this topic
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

Pour Favor and Nacho Daddy

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
213 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

pour favor, our favorite and qua pasa

Canada
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

There are many restaurants that also feature live music with dinner. Usually solo or duo performers - Margarita Grill, Mole de Jovita and Hacienda de Carlota come to mind. There are more formal music shows at places like Incanto and Act II. Los Bambinos have their restaurant on Aguacate and usually perform a couple of times per week.

Nacho Daddy, El Sonador, Roxy's, Pour Favor, Gringo Loco on the southside all feature live bands of various genres. You can also check out El Rio BBQ.

On the Malecon - Jazz Foundation might be interesting for you.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

It's always enjoyable listening to the music at the CyC in the evening.

Incanto offers music in the informal piano bar on the second floor.

https://www.incantovallarta.com/

The Jazz Foundation is a lovely venue overlooking the Malecon. Their music often starts quite late, 10-11pm.

Garbo's is another possibility. They often have music, including Piel Canela, a local favorite. They post their schedule on Facebook.

Pour Favor, as mentioned, offers some great bands. You can follow them on Facebook to see who is playing when. We like Da Crew a lot. They begin their sets earlier, at around 8 pm.

El Sonador also starts their music late - 10:30ish pm. They're definitely rockin' late at night!

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,779 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

Depends who's playing that night :) I think Nacho Daddy and Pour Favor are good for starters.

The River Cafe sometimes features a more low key jazz duo in their bar later in the evening.

La Bodeguita del Medio and Bar Oceana on the Malecon for salsa music.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,483 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

There are four brothers who are Mexican and grew up in Puerto Vallarta. They have become very popular over the years in PV, and have become known enough that they even do a bit of touring in the US during the summer.

They have opened a new restaurant/bar now called Bambinos Trattoria at 314 Aguacate, and they will be playing Tuesdays and Fridays at 8 pm. They sing a lot of oldies in Spanish and in English and are the nicest friendliest guys. I think you would really enjoy them. In PV they go by the name of "Los Bambinos".

There is a photo of them in the link below...

pvangels.com/news/6162/grand-openin-dinner-a…

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,910 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

Incanto Vallarta has several performers every week. There's also always someone who plays in the piano bar during the happy hours - guitarists, singers, pianists. They have some kind of entertainment going on every night of the week. They even offer salsa dance lessons on Sundays, open mic nights on Thursdays, charity bingo on Saturdays, and a huge variety of acts covering a lot of genres.

https://www.incantovallarta.com/

Modesto
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

Captain Dons usually has music

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,419 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

I'm a huge fan of Incanto. As Jenny mentioned, they always have something going on. Open Mic Night attracts some amazing talent!

Friday night will often find me at Nacho Daddy listening to the Texas Embassy Blues Band. Que?Pasa often has a good band on stage, glad Chris Kenny is back on Wednesday night.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues

I'm a big fan of Paper Boat which plays every night from 8-11 in the bar area of La Palapa. They're a guitar duo, sometimes with a drummer, that play soft rock, some of their own songs and a little Mexican as well.

Reply to: Best Romantic Zone/Southside music venues
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted