We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

Our son is getting married in Puerto Vallarta in February 2018. We would greatly appreciate restaurant recommendations for the rehearsal dinner. Should have about 25 guests. Preferably somewhere fun & causal. Was thinking about authentic Mexican, but we're open to other suggestions. Event will be on a Thursday. Most guests are staying at the Westin. Thank you!

10 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

I'm assuming you don't want to travel? So, you want something in the Marina so you don't have to organize transportation. You might like Bachas. There's a Trip Advisor list of the ten best restaurants in the Marina that might be worth a look. There's a pretty good variety but some are quite expensive - its definitely an upscale area.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

I forgot to mention that the Marina will be a mob scene because it's a Thursday in high season and there's a very popular market that draws big crowds. You'll probably want to go someplace that will reserve a space for your group. Might want to have a chat with the concierge at the Westin and have him/her do a little ground work for you in advance.

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

Thank you SO much for your kind reply! I'm not familiar with the area at all... so I'm struggling a bit with planning this event. Contacting the concierge at the Westin is an excellent idea! I will also check into the restaurants in the Marina district. I'll admit, some I've seen on-line seem a little cheesy. Do you perhaps have a favorite that would be nice & wouldn't be too expensive for a large group? Also, approximately how far away would you say the other suitable restaurants would be (since you suggested transportation)? Again, thank you VERY much for your help!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
722 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

You could try Victors in the Marina , he's a bit pricey but the amount of food is worth it IMHO.

Good luck.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

You can use the maps here get a feel for where things are located and distances around the city:

www.vallartainfo.com

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

The nicer restaurants in the area are Sonora Grill Prime, 4 Sapori, Porto Bello, Tintoque. You're about half an hour from Centro and the Romantic Zone which are "restaurant central". If you're willing to bring the group into town we'll have a lot more recommendations.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,733 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

Tara --- When you say Fun and Casual ---- the two places that come to mind for me (which are also colorful) --- are Bacha's in the Marina, as mentioned above, and Las Adelitas, which is close to the Hotel Zone.

We've been to both of those places when there are groups of around 25 there, in each place. Bacha's is related to Pipi's downtown (a Vallarta tradition) ---- hard to get more fun, casual and colorful than that ---- and Las Adelitas is in Fluvial. We go there often and virtually always see local groups, birthday parties, and colorful events going on there. They definitely have room for 25.

You can find Bacha's on the Marina Vallarta map at the link given in post 5 above. It is walking distance from the Westin.

You can find Las Adelitas on the Hotel Zone map. It's at Melchor Ocampo and Fluvial. Groups seem to be having a great time at both places, while we're there. They are two of the closest fun, casual places that meet your needs.

Much as some of the restaurants mentioned above at the Marina are nice, I wouldn't call them fun and casual. Porto Bello is upscale traditional Italian (never saw people having a fun casual time there, when we are there --- it's classic white table cloths). Some of the others are quite expensive and targeted to a slightly more upscale clientele (based on being there). Do you have a budget?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,733 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

Oooops. Part two.

Missed my edit, Tara. I just re-read your original post with requirements for your rehearsal dinner.

You said Thursday in February. Assuming this event is at dinner time, you'll probably have to eliminate all of the restaurants we mentioned in the Marina Vallarta area near Westin.

In high season (when you're there), Thursday is the night of the very popular and crowded Marina Market, which wraps around the entire Marina basin and brings in very large crowds to the booths and restaurants. Having been there on those very busy nights, it seems impossible to book one of the Marina restaurants for Thursday night. People either have reservations as couples and groups, or they have to wait in long lines to get into Marina restaurants.

Do try Las Adelitas though, as I mentioned above (www.lasadelitaspv.com) --- meets your fun and casual needs. Or do try some of the other restaurants that others might recommend, in a different area.

With the packed crowds in the Marina Vallarta on Thursdays, it is best you look outside the area for that one night of the week.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

I think you might be finding places "a little cheesy" because you asked for "Mexican" and fun and casual. So places like Pipis pop up.

If you had only asked for a nice rehearsal dinner restaurants, hadn't specified the Marina, or Mexican or casual... The River Cafe would have been my best suggestion.

Edited: 22 November 2017, 00:12
Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018

Do consider the La Playita at the Lindo Mar. They always have Rehearsal Dinners there. Last week they had a wedding. Great location right on the beach in Conchas Chinas. They have great section for these types of affairs.

Reply to: Rehearsal Dinner - Puerto Vallarta - Feb 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted