We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Eats!

Greensburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Good Eats!

Returning to PV in December. What are the "You have to eat here!" restaurants in PV? We've eaten at Ocean Grill, Casa Isabel, Hacienda San Angel. The criteria could be the food, the view, ambiance or just the wow factor

41 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,811 posts
170 reviews
1. Re: Good Eats!

Bistro Teresa checks all your boxes. Contemporary, great views, wonderful food.

Greensburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Good Eats!

Is that by the Starbucks?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,811 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: Good Eats!

Yes, top floor of the Starbucks on the main plaza.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,811 posts
170 reviews
4. Re: Good Eats!

Oh - you might want to check out the new Italian restaurant "La Cappella" that they've just opened in the chapel at Hacienda San Angel.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,616 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Good Eats!

bombero---there are a ton of restaurants that fit your criteria.

bella napoli--fab food, no ambience

vitea--on the malecon, great food

la ronda--food small family owned place

116 pulpito--little place, tapas, yummy food

una familia---great view, on the malecon, good food

daiquari dicks--i have only had lunch there---only one meal i didn't like and i have had everything on the menu

la playita---good food excellent view

man i can go on and on

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,299 posts
166 reviews
6. Re: Good Eats!

Lots of great ones already listed, but need to add Barcelona Tapas (great view, food and service), Bravos (great food and service), La Palapa (great food, food and service on the beach), River Cafe (great food and view of the river) and Pancho's Takos (for late snack) and many more!!!

Greensburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Good Eats!

iyamscifi2, LOVEROFPV

I guess I should clarify, there are so many good restaurants in PV but I was looking for those that you would suggest "You have to eat there." The restaurants that you wouldn't dare miss while in PV.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,811 posts
170 reviews
8. Re: Good Eats!

Since I mentioned "La Cappella" and you didn't mention it - Iguana at Casa Kimberly should be on your list if you haven't seen it yet - pretty snazzy with all the Taylor/Burton history - views, mariachis, etc. - plenty of wow factor.

Crystal Beach, Texas
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Good Eats!

We would not even THINK of going to PV and not eating at Cuates y Cuetos. We have been eating there for years. Their fried shrimp and tortilla soup is consistently good as is their guacamole and Margaritas. Another MUST is El Brujo. We have never received a bad meal there. Seafood, arrechera, tortilla soup are all great and it is the kind of place the locals as well as visitors all enjoy together.

Edited: 19 November 2017, 22:24
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,811 posts
170 reviews
10. Re: Good Eats!

I don't disagree with a lot of these recommendations but the OP asked for WOW factor. I love El Brujo but WOW factor - not so much. Ditto many others mentioned. Lots of old standards mentioned that are regulars that I love but not "special" the way I interpreted the OP's request.

Reply to: Good Eats!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted