We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Eats in PV???

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Must Eats in PV???

Hello all,

Heading to PV on Saturday and are looking for must eats in PV? Taco stands - Places with Views - True Mexican Food - BEST Margaritas

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelley

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Lodi
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must Eats in PV???

Kelley,

Checkout Jr's site. Seems to have some great info on PV.

vallarta-info.com/

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must Eats in PV???

If you like tamales, you might wish to try 'Maria Candelaria' - it's located on G. Sanchez 851, at the corner with Allende, a few short blocks 'up' from the Malecon, in the downtown.

Small place, with pretty Mexican decor. Tamales, and only tamales -- tasty little pieces of art!! And so good!! Great for lunch or snack.

Atlanta
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Must Eats in PV???

Cafe de Olla - Old Town has great Mexican food. Prices very reasonable, great fun, great food, great margaritas. Don't let the line on the street discourage. It's worth the wait.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must Eats in PV???

Go to Cafe de Olla at an off-time to avoid the line up on the street. I usually go for a late lunch instead. Around 2-3pm.

The Red Cabbage is another favorite for Mexican food.

Best view go for sunset drinks at El Nido the rooftop bar at Los Cuatro Vientos hotel up near the church.

Taco stands, I'm no expert, but usually eat at the popular ones nearest to where I am staying.

Margaritas are pretty much good everywhere. Il Torrito on Vallarta (sports bar and rib joint) has huge ones. Try a mango one for breakfast down on Playa Los Muertos somewhere.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must Eats in PV???

Thank you everyone for your help. I can wait to eat and drink my way through PV.

Kelley

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must Eats in PV???

Try the taco street stands. Here is an excellent Inside Page with a few.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c5085/Puerto-…

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must Eats in PV???

I second suze's list/

Colorado
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Must Eats in PV???

Tacon de Marlin across the street from the airport. They have these huge things, I guess they're burritos, and they stuff them with shrimp, marlin, or a combo. Get to the airport early, check your bags, then walk across the pedestrian bridge over the highway. It's at the bottom of the stairs. You can fill up and not have to worry about eating overpriced, yucky airport food.

highland park, IL
Level Contributor
299 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must Eats in PV???

We just got back and tried El Arrayan. It is traditional Mexican celebration food. Just amazing sauces. Lots of pumpkin. We met the owner and she was so sweet. If you go, tell her the people from Chicago sent you! I second Maria Candelaria. Amazing tamales. The most expensive item on the menu was 1.80. Six of us ate for under 40 dollars and finished with dessert and cafe mocha! We also love River Cafe. It is a beautiful restaurant with wonderful food. A great, but very expensive restaurant with a view is VIsta Cafe. Very expensive, but you pay for the view! And to me, any margarita is a good margarita! Enjoy!!!

British Columbia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Must Eats in PV???

you must try pacifica grill