We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Time share sales

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
482 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Time share sales

for first time travelers, as you exit the secure area of the airport, there will be several people they will tell you that they are there for your transportation or any other lie they can make up. WALK BY AND SAY NO THANKS and go to your transportation, those people want to get you to commit to a information meeting to sell you a time share, if that is what you want OK but if you want a relaxing vacation I recommend you say NO. Just thought we have not brought this up in a wile

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
AirGo
Taxis & Shuttles
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Time share sales

good for you.

Our last trip, our bus/transporter waited and Waited and waited for People on their List. NO Show ,they all went with the sharks,and didn't bother to let the bus know. UGH

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Time share sales

I'd reccomend just walking thru, no eye contact, and no talking, not even a no thank you. No problem!

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,875 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Time share sales

Good reminder. There's no one you need to talk to anyone at that part of the airport. Just walk on thru from customs (red light/green light) directly to the TAXI booth in the lobby.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Time share sales

The subject of the timeshare games at the airport has been one of the hottest topics on TA for years. As a result thousands of people have been informed in advance so its good to keep this topic alive.

Theres a great deal more on the subject if you type in Airport Timeshare Trap under the green stripe.

Wi
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Time share sales

Suze and Playa said it great.....this is one area that gives PV a bad rap........its not that bad just look down and dont talk to anyone you dont know after you get through Redlight/green light and move forward through the shark tanks.....PV is a grea aweseme city with incredible weather.....Enjoy your trip.....

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Time share sales

just keep saying "no gracias" & don't make eye contact, keep moving! no problem!

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Time share sales

I think the best way to get rid of them is to say you own a house in PV - either that or just say you don't have any credit cards, no??

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
482 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Time share sales

Bump this to the top

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Time share sales

Good to know as this is my first trip to PV and I'm a very friendly person. I think I'll put on my sunglasses to avoid eye contact and just not speak. Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Time share sales

I'm well aware of the Timeshare Sharks. I'll be travelling to PV next month from California, meeting a friend who is flying in from Texas. Our planes are due to arrive within 10 minutes of each other. She's never been to PV. Can anyone suggest an area, where the Sharks won't bother you, to wait and meet?