We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches - How are they different

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches - How are they different

Are southside beaches different than marina area beaches? I'm reading some reviews that suggest conchas chinas beaches are superior than others?? If so, what are they called?

Also, is Los Muertos beach one huge public beach? Is it typically croweded? If so, are there other nice beaches (not too far away) that aren't so crowded?

Thanks.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches - How are they different

Yes Playa Los Muertos is a good sized public beach that is usually very crowded (because it's popular and a fun place to be). From there you can simply walk south, up and over the rocks, and get to coves that are less used.

The beaches to the south are more rough and natural. Coves, rocks, etc.

I'm pretty sure Conchas Chinas is what they call the beach also, as well as the neighborhood above, just to the south of Los Muertos.

Depends which hotel you're asking about. The one I know in the Marina (Casa Magna) the beach is a flat, narrow, white strip out behind the hotel lawns.

There are other nice beaches but they would be a bus or taxi ride away (15 mins to 1 hour you could go north or south... Boca, Bucerias, Destiladeras, El Anclote).

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,236 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches - How are they different

Hi: Just to add to what suze2you said, all beaches are public but there are some areas where it's hard to get access to them. For example, in the Hotel Zone, there are only a couple of places where you can get to them if you aren't staying in one of the Hotels. Same in the Marina area I believe. So, rcavataio, my question would be: Are you looking for beaches where you can go for the day if you aren't staying in a hotel or home right on the beach, or are you looking for a nice beach in order to choose a place to stay?

With respect to Los Muertos beach. It's hard to know what you mean by too crowded. Also, it depends on when you are thinking of going. There are many times I wouldn't call it too crowded, as long as you aren't expecting it to be empty of people. It's the main Vallarta beach and there are many restaurants with beach chairs and shelters for their patrons, but you can almost always get one of those if you are buying a drink or a meal. And I often see people walking and running along the beach. It's hardly ever (not never) "wall to wall" people or anything like that.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches - How are they different

Check out Los Muertos live, here

http://www.cuatesycuetes.com/index.php

Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches - How are they different

Thanks for the info. I plan to stay in the marina area and the beach there looks great. But, sometimes we like a change of pace. I just read some feedback that suggested some beaches were "smoother", more carribbean like than others. I questioned that a little, but thought it was worth research. Los muertos sounds fun, especially since we plan to go down that way for dinner. But, what about nice beaches to the north of us? I never thought of that yet.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
293 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches - How are they different

The beaches in Bucerias are lovely and uncrowded especially this time of the year. You can walk for miles and miles. Lots of restaurants to eat and drink in and a wonderful village to boot.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches - How are they different

Destiladeras and El Anclote I mentioned above are beautiful beaches to the north, between Bucerias and Punta Mita.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches - How are they different

where is cuatesycuetes located?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches - How are they different

Beside the Los Muertos pier.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches - How are they different

I am one of those that feels that the beaches are superior on the south side.

checkout the traveler's pictures under El Presidente Intercontinental.

10. Re: Beaches - How are they different

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 08:24