We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

We got two out of three passports ordered just short of seven weeks ago WITHOUT expediting in the mail today. They came out of the San Francisco office. It took five weeks for them to show up on the system as having been received... then less than two weeks after that, they arrived. Just thought everyone could use some positive news. Still crossing my fingers for the third one.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

good to hear someone got theirs so fast after reading all the bad news! Hope the next shows up soon!

GREEN BAY, WI
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

It's been over 10 weeks for me and still no sign of it..... and I am leaving next week... Gotta love the US government...

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

We were told that if you do not have your passports 48 hrs before your travel date that you can go to the closest office with no appt. needed and fill out the paperwork all over again and get them that day? Our congressmans office said this and a lady at the passport agency....Does anyone know if this is true---it sounds too simple?

Does anyone have any stories about not geting the passports on time and not being able to travel? We did not to the expedite service because the postal worker said we had plenty of time--

we are all praying they come soon-------

HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!

I'll start making phone calls all over again after the holiday

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

I'm so sorry for your worries. What a way to anticipate a vacation. Although it appears we are one of the few lucky ones, I would defiantely encourage ANYONE who needs a passport in the next four months to EXPEDITE it. I regreted my decision not to as soon as I do it and worried for seven weeks. Not fun.

5. Re: Received Passport in 7 weeks - No Expediting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 06:22