We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Premiere Hotel vs. Fiesta Americana

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Villa Premiere Hotel vs. Fiesta Americana

My First time to pv. Im going down with my girlfriend we are both in mid 20's. We are only going for 5 days, im not too intrested in the club scene and id rather check out the city enjoy some nice resturants, take in some culture. Im not to enthused about AI, is that a smart move? What resort would be better? (Villa Premiere Hotel vs. Fiesta Americana) any help would be great, thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
607 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel vs. Fiesta Americana

From what you say, sounds like you do not want AI. If you are interested in the city and all of the wonderful things it has to offer and are only in PV for 5 days, I wouldn't do the AI thing. There are too many wonderful restaurants to count and lots of sights to see. Check out JR's list on www.vallarta-info.com for some suggestions for restaurants or email Gary at garyrbeck1@yahoo.com for his wonderful restaurant guide that he gladly shares with everyone. The Premiere is about a 5 or so minute walk to the Malecon where things start happening, so it might be a good choice for you if you want to wander. Fiesta Americana is a little bit further up in the hotel zone although not too far away from town at all. Premiere - smaller and more quaint; Fiesta Americana - more resort like and larger (but not too huge). Depends what you like.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel vs. Fiesta Americana

I haven't been to the Fiesta Americana yet, but we are staying there in July. We are 3 couples, all 25-26, and chose it because it looks nice and yet is close to downtown and I have heard maybe 5-10 minute cab to all the restaurants (good if not going AI I think!) We also thought about the VP but based on price, made our decision for the FA....

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel vs. Fiesta Americana

Oh, also I have heard that there are majority of 30's and 40's age, which didn't bother us at all because we didn't want to be close to all the wild types!!!