We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches ? north of PV

Kansas
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches ? north of PV

I have read several of the topics on beaches in PV. My wife and I are going to PV for the first time this Sept 3rd - 9th and have decided to go to one of the highly reviewed beaches; Destiladeras. My question is should I rent a car for the day and head to the beach or just take the bus outside of Sams Club. My concern with the bus is when we get to the beach how will we get back to town.

Thank you

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

you can definitely bus it. there is a bus stop right at the entrance of destiladeras and they go by every 15 minutes or so. people drive really fast on that windy HWY so just be careful.

When you flag down the bus, move back to the edge of the road as possible so that it can pull off the road.

Enjoy the beach, it´s one of my favorite spots.

Delaware
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

Where is this beach located? Which bus do you take? I have taken the bus up to punta Mita and they have a nice beach. Would like to try Desttiladeras. I will be in P.V. (Marina area) next Jan and Feb..

TNX,

Jim

United States
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

Same bus as you take to Punta Mita - just ask the driver to let you off at Destilladeras. Once you exit the bus, cross the road and proceed down the dirt driveway. When leaving go back to the road and catch a bus returning to PV. Very easy.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
247 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

Rent a car from Gecko Car Rental (they have a website) and head up to Sayulita. Best beach in the area. Forget the bus! We rent cars all the time.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

How long of a bus ride is it to the Destiladeras beach form the Marina area?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,712 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

We drive, but I'd say about 45 minutes from the Marina to Destilideras by bus. The bus stops a lot.

United States
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

We are in Bucerias for 3 months and never rent a car - why do you need one if you can easily and affordably take a bus anywhere you want to go. Sayulita is also an easy bus ride and there are lots of other great towns and beaches north of PV - Lo De Marcos, Guayabitos, San Pancho, La Penita - all accessible by bus. We love Sayulita and actually spend some extended time there but their beach is not as calm (great surfer locale) as Destilladeras but there is much more activity on Sayulita beach. All depends upon what you are looking for - we like each one for different reasons.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,712 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

If you want to take a bus to places north of Sayulita, such as San Pancho, Rincon de Guayabitos, La Penita, Chacala, you have to change buses if you're coming from the Marina. Local Vallarta buses only go as far as Sayulita. (You can change either at the Central Camionera in Vallarta, or, you could get off at the bus station in Bucerias on the main street).

As for the pros and cons of renting a car, that's a different topic. It all comes down to what people want to do and where they want to go. You certainly don't need a car to go to Bucerias, Destilideras, Sayulita or Punta Mita.

9. Re: Beaches ? north of PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 00:16